Start from what the students know and use those as building blocks. I love the idea of supplemental instructors. I was an SI as an undergraduate scholar and I love the simple, fun techniques that I learned. After learning these techniques and even some I made up myself, I was able to utilize these skills, games, mnemonics, to tutor many students. Lastly, relating concepts to everyday life help with better understanding. In the end, I aim to have my students repeat, re-teach, and recall what was taught to them.
Born and raised in Nigeria. I went to the Florida A&M University and obtained my Bachelor's degree majoring in Biology and minor in Chemistry magna cum laude. I am a Graduate student at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. Currently, I am working on my Masters in Medical Physiology before matriculating into medical school.
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine
Master’s in Medical Physiology, Present
Florida A&M University 2013 - 2017
Bachelor of Science in Biology, Minor in Chemistry Magna Cum Laude
Florida A& M University College of Science & Technology Science Tutor May 2018 – August 2018
Florida State University College of Medicine, Tallahassee, FL SSTRIDE Graduate Student Teacher August 2017 - May 2018
• Engaging high school scholars in Health Science course in the underserved and underrepresented rural areas
• Earnestly serving as a mentor for those students
• Conducting hands-on interactive techniques in order to convey concepts and information
Student Government Association; Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, FL July 2016 - April 2017 Secretary of Department of Community Affairs
• Coordinated more than 12 major community-related activities for over 10,000 students including Bras & Boxers for Breast and Prostate Cancer Awareness, Check for Venom for Sickle Cell Awareness, Operation Save the Youth, FAMU’s Longest Table, and Rattle the Polls.
• Worked as a liaison between community service-related organizations, Student Government Association, and colleges on campus and schools in surrounding areas.
Florida A&M University College of Science & Technology, Tallahassee, FL August 2015 - April 2017 Supplemental Instructions Leader/ Teacher’s Assistant
Professors: Dr. Margret Lyles, Dr. Musiliyu Musa, Ms. Moss
• Actively used peer-assisted study sessions to improve student retention and success in difficult courses (students in these courses had grades of D’s, F’s, or at risk of withdrawing).
Florida A&M University College of Science & Technology, Tallahassee, FL Learning Assistant
January 2017 - April 2017
Professor: Ms. Moss
• Created and maintained a set schedule for Learning Assistant activities
• Established a professional rapport with the students
Neighborhood Medical Center, Tallahassee, FL Clinical Medical Assistant Intern
June 2014 - December 2014
• Specialized in doing glucose checks, urine analysis, phlebotomy, electrocardiogram, charting, and triaging patients
• Maintained a professional attitude when working with students, faculty, and staff
Office of Student Activities, Florida A& M University, Tallahassee, FL August 2013 - April 2017 Precinct Supervisor & Deputy Electoral Commissioner
• Assisted in the facilitation and coordination of registering students to vote.
• Worked with League of Women Voters to set up biweekly to register students, faculty & staff to register to vote.
• Edited, distributed, and enforced the Florida Statues, Electoral Code of Conduct, and FAMU Student Body Statues.
Florida A&M University College of Science & Technology, Tallahassee, FL August 2014 - November 2016 PI: Dr. Musiliyu Musa, Dr. Lekan Latinwo Biology/Organic Chemistry
• Creating and constructing many compounds in order to test the reactivity to prostate cancer cell lines
• Extensively worked and read NMR and IR of several compounds
Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC Hypertension & Vascular Research Center
Internship: Excellence In Cardiovascular Sciences Research Intern
June 2016 - July 2016
• Identified proteins in relation to Unfolding Protein Response (UPR) in different unsaturated fats
• Conducted several trails of treatment of H9C2 cells with different dose responses
• Created dilutions for the fatty acid treatments and carried out various western blots to analyze the UPR in the fatty acid treatments
Heartland Hospice Care, Cleveland, OH March 2018 – Present
Providing conversation, care, and fun times with patients who are on hospice. It is my job to let them know that they are not alone.
Camp Boggy Creek, Eustis, FL Sickle Cell Anemia Camp Counselor August 1, 2017 - August 7, 2017
• Took care of the daily needs of 8-10 campers. Campers ranged from ages 7-9 years old
• Actively involved in the supervision, guidance, and motivation of campers by building working relationships with kids and staff to
ensure that a high standard of care is maintained.
Florida A&M University Campus/ Community Volunteering August 2013 - April 2017
• Continuously participated in community service activities for the FAMU Student National Alumni Association including GetFitFAMU Kids, Annual Toy Drive, Annual Service Trips all dedicated towards the underrepresented communities
• Served as a role model for elementary, middle and high school students for the Florida State University SSTRIDE program and Bond Elementary School through Teaching Our Youth Science (T.O.Y.S.)
• Advocated and advised physicians, nurses, hospital staff, and caretakers on pain management for Sickle Cell Anemia Disease patients through being the Spokesperson for Tallahassee Memorial Hospital
Florida A&M University Center for Disability Access and Resources August 2013 - August 2017
• Volunteering at Graduation, homecoming events, environmental beautification and many more
• Recruitment trips to speak about the capabilities and amenities of the program
American Cancer Society, Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, FL Event Committee/Volunteer
May 2014 - August 2015
• Served as a member and assist to the event chair
• Worked alongside event chair to recruited, trained, and retained FAMU Relay for Life leadership committee members.
• Worked with committee and event staff partners to determine goals for the event, including sponsorship and number of teams needed to
reach a monetary goal.
• Tallahassee Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.,
• Omicron Delta Kappa National Leadership Society
• Alpha Chapter of Kappa Psi Psi Healthcare Sorority Inc.
• Florida A&M University Graduate Feeder Program
• FAMU and Florida State University Minority Association of Pre-Medical Students
• Phi Sigma Theta National Honor Society
• National Society of Collegiate Scholars
• FAMU Honors Program
• Center for Disability Access and Resources Ambassador
HONORS & AWARDS
• Tallahassee Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc Keynote Speaker
• University of Miami MSHCMP Cohort Keynote Speaker
• AAMC Fee Assistance Program Scholarship Recipient
• Delta Iota Chapter of Kappa Psi Pharmaceutical Fraternity Inc. 42nd Annual Scarlet Red & Cadet Grey Sister of the Year Award
•Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students
• Center for Disability Access and Resources Scholarship Award
• Theodore and Vivian Johnson Foundation Scholarship Award
• Mister Florida A&M University 2016 Golden Rattler Award for service to FAMU and Tallahassee Community
• Student National Medical Association 2016 Aspiring Physician Scholarship Scholar & 1st Place Recipient
• Florida Georgia Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Program Scholarship Recipient
• Delta Kappa Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc., Endowment Scholarship
• Candice’s Sickle Cell Scholarship Fund Scholarship Scholar
•FAMU Foundation Private Scholarship Award
• FAMU Alumni National Scholarship
• Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students, 2015 Travel Award Recipient
• Tallahassee Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc., Certificate of Appreciation as Guest Speaker
• Tallahassee Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc., Delta G.E.M.S. Advisor’s Award
• Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office, MacBook Software
• Language Skills: Yoruba (Fluent-native language); English (Functionally Native)
• Certifications: AED/CPR Certification, Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) research certification, Hospice Vigil
and Brevement Certification
• Research Skills: Cellular work, synthesizing chemicals, electrophoresis, Polymerase Chain Reactions, Literature Review, and Poster
Presenting skills, Western Blot Analysis, SDS-PAGE, Cancer biology, Molecular cell biology, Cell line culture, Animal handling,
Animal studies and Journal Club presentations
• Public Speaking
• Mentoring the youth especially Middle and High school scholars
Bimpe has a passion for learning so I believe she will share that with her students! I took classes with her in undergrad, and I could always depend on her thorough and organized notes when I missed a lecture.
algebra lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, other sciences lessons for all!
Taking organic chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|