My teaching approach is individualized to meet the specific needs of each student. I start by working with the student to understand where they are struggling so we can focus on the areas that students need the most help to increase their success in class. The student and I will also work on all other skills required to be successful in class and have the most robust and well-rounded understanding of the subject.
I am a licensed Social Studies with 3 years of High School experience. I have assisted students in raising Social Studies grades, and content knowledge across all Social Studies subjects. I studied US History in college but have experience working with all subjects.
Keene State College, (Keene, NH)
Bachelor of Art in History 3.4/4.0 May 2018
Dual Major: History / Secondary Education
Scarborough High School, (Scarborough, ME) June 2014
Study Hall Paraeducator, Evergreen High School, (Evergreen, CO) 2019-Present
- Maintain appropriate student behavior during unstructured time.
- Monitor students’ academic progress and achievement.
- Administer standardized tests.
- Assisted in various activities in the office and other areas of the school.
Academic Support Paraeducator, Brattleboro Union High School, (Brattleboro, VT) 2018-2019
- Assist students with individual academic achievement.
- Provide organizational help to students.
- Engage students in activities to assist with learning strategies.
- Work with students of a wide variety of academic and behavioral levels.
Long Term Substitute, Brattleboro Union High School, (Brattleboro, VT) Spring 2018
- Created and taught lessons to students in Diversity classes every day.
- Practiced new classroom management techniques.
- Differentiated and modified lessons to reach multiple learning styles.
Student Teaching, Brattleboro Union High School, (Brattleboro, VT) Spring 2018
- Worked directly with high school students every day.
- Fully took over U.S. history classes, planning and creating lessons.
- Practiced classroom management techniques.
Methods II Student, Fall Mountain Regional High School, (Langdon, NH) Fall 2017
- Worked directly with high school students in the classroom.
- Observation of experience teacher’s management techniques.
- Creating and teaching original lessons.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE:
Hannaford Supermarket March 2012- October 2018
April 2016 promoted to Service Leader.
Working with people of all ages and backgrounds.
Handling stressful working conditions.
Operating as a member of a team.
Keene State Dean Scholarship recipient Fall 2014- Spring 2018
Scarborough High School auditorium light/sound tech. 2010-2014
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, civic education lessons for all!
Taking current events lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|