The two keys to being an effective physics and math teacher are to: 1) provide clear, concise, organized interactive lesson notes ("interactive" means the student is involved in filling in sections of the notes, with guidance), and 2) help students connect new math and physics concepts to their own areas of interest, whether it's sports, music, cooking, other academic subjects, their profession, and more.
I'm an effective physics and math instructor and I've helped 1000's of high school and college students achieve their academic goals. My high school physics and math classes always performed exceptionally on the New York State Regents Exam, and some of my students went on to graduate from Columbia University, Johns Hopkins, and MIT. I've also worked with adult students returning to school to complete a math or physics course to meet licensing requirement for physical therapist, lab technician, respiratory therapy, ultrasound technician, nursing, and teaching. My formal education is broad-based; I have a B.A. in Architecture from Yale, and M.S. degrees in Environmental Policy & Management, and Space Studies.
California State-Certified Physics Educator | preK-12 & adults, English learners
21 physics-based graduate credits in Aerospace Science
• 15+ years of academic excellence as a certified educator in public and private settings, including
5 years teaching undergraduate physics at University of Phoenix Online.
• Committed to student success; designed 100s of organized interactive lessons to support student engagement & understanding; produced exceptional state exam results for 10 years.
• M.S. in Space Studies, Aerospace Science and Environmental Policy & Management.
University of Phoenix Online Physics Instructor 2012-17
• Supported 1000+ adults in an undergraduate 5-week semester physics course at a fully-online, asynchronous university.
• Designed 50+ original learning activities with notes, videos, and interactive animations to support success for verbal, visual, auditory, & kinesthetic learners on high-stakes graded assignments.
• Engaged 100% of students in classroom discussions by leveraging prior knowledge, eliciting critical-thinking skills, & fostering interaction.
• Exceeded expected timeliness and level of detail when grading assignments; provided feedback in rubrics and inserted comments.
• Initiated communication in an appropriate tone to encourage struggling adult learners to complete a challenging course and achieve their academic or professional goals.
STEM Academy College-Level Physics Teacher Los Angeles, CA 2010-12
STEM Academy is an intimate, 350-student science and engineering high school in the second-largest school district in the USA (Los Angeles Unified). Teachers took on additional teaching and administrative duties and collaborated weekly to coordinate interdisciplinary lessons.
Introduced algebra- and calculus-based college-level physics (AP Physics B & C) to the school curriculum; designed and delivered interactive lessons and laboratory investigations.
Adapted instructional methods from professional development with the Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol, the Advanced Placement Summer Institute (Physics), & the Right Question Institute to foster exemplary student engagement and performance on state-wide assessments.
Integrated open-source online laboratory simulations (University of Colorado) & homework (University of Texas), and reflective student portfolios to promote ongoing independence and critical-thinking skills.
Brooklyn Technical High School Physics Teacher & Dean New York, NY 2006-10
Brooklyn Technical High School serves 5000+ students, is ranked 69th in the nation by the U.S. News and has a legacy of 90 years of academic excellence in engineering education as 1 of 9 selective specialized high schools in New York City, the largest school district in the nation.
Designed and delivered college-level physics lessons and lab experiments to 68 mechanical engineering students, facilitated exceptional results on state-wide tests in 4 out of 4 years.
Investigated & resolved 50+ disciplinary incidents through mediation, and improved school health & safety by initiating a community service program in the student cafeteria.
American Public University System M.S. Space Studies, Aerospace Science 2018
M.S. Environmental Policy & Management 2009
Yale University B.A. Architecture 1987
California State teaching credential physics, mathematics, chemistry valid through 2022
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$63||Not available||$63|