I offer the full range of English lessons from beginner ESL to post-doctoral. I hold a BA in Linguistics and am specialized in both language science theory as it relates to grammar structures as well as to creative writing and literature.
I employ different techniques depending on my students needs, abilities and personalities. I creatively employ various methods to find what works best for you. I am a linguist at heart and bring this into my teaching. As such, I view it as my duty to draw out the best in my students and help them translate their ideas, whether it is with ESL or in a creative way.
My strong belief is that everyone has something wonderful to offer and it is my job as a teacher to help my student grow in their knowledge of not only the topic, but in their personal confidence as well.
I have been giving lessons throughout and after my BA degree. I worked with countless students, many international, on essays, discussions, dissertations and the like. I have helped students successfully submit MA theses, PhD dissertations as well as be accepted into competitive local school programs and colleges.
Summary of Qualifications
I am someone who is passionate about accuracy and the details of language. Getting my BA in Linguistics required a strong interest and a hard work ethic and has only further honed my talents with language. I am seeking a position where I can gladly put these abilities to work.
• Bachelor of Arts, Linguistics, minor in Japan Studies, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
• Native English speaker
• 6+ years of tutoring ESL students
• Understanding of multiple languages and their structures
• sharp mind and great attention to detail
September 2010 – Present
Title: Private Tutor
Tutored multiple students in English
• worked extensively with grammar, pronunciation and writing
• served in aiding communication about school policies and extra-curricular activities
• helped students apply and be accepted into Hands for a Bridge and Yearbook classes
• provided correction and guidance regarding content and meaning for essays
Tutored friends and fellow international colleagues while a student at the University of Washington
• worked with a Taiwanese student on technical essays for her Speech and Hearing courses
• worked with a Korean ESL student as a supplement to his ESL classes
• worked with multiple Japanese students on pronunciation, grammar, writing and conversation
• assisted a Master’s student with her senior thesis/dissertation
Bridges International 2005 – 2007
• led and participated in discussion groups
• accompanied peers on cultural exchange outings
• provided free one on one English tutoring
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking phonetics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$65||$24|