I provide both skill development and motivation by drawing on materials from programs I have shared with more than 500,000 students, teachers, and community leaders. Participants receive at least three dozen “writing tools” to learn the most common writing mistakes and how to avoid them, to learn what causes writers’ procrastination and how to overcome it, and what diverse organizing techniques are needed for diverse writing styles and how to apply them.
—- a passionate advocate and teacher of communication skills who has worked directly with more than 500,000 students, teachers, and parents in 39 states and abroad ((concealed information)
--a father of two boys and four girls who have given me more than 240 cumulative years of training in parenting and now have promoted me to grandfather;
--the author of three books that have made and topped bestseller lists -- and are used extensively in schools in language arts, graphic, arts, conflict resolution, environmental issues, and more ((concealed information)
--a speaker at Staff Development for Educators and International Reading Association state and regional education conferences and a featured speaker at the World Congress of the International Reading Association in New Zealand.
--a husband of 53-plus years;
--a journalist and magna cum laude graduate of Northern Illinois University who has written for newspapers, magazines, radio, television, the book industry, and the Internet.
John Gile is an award-winning author, journalist, editor, and publisher with more than three decades of education and experience in the world of print, TV, radio, digital, and interpersonal communication. His books have made and topped bestseller lists and are used extensively by educators across America and abroad to strengthen communication skills, address conflict resolution, and foster character development. Gile has been invited to address a broad spectrum of issues on numerous radio and television talk shows and for print media. He has presented communication skill development and motivational programs to more than 500,000 in 43 states, Europe, and New Zealand, including Staff Development for Educators and International Reading Association Conferences and other gatherings of educators and leaders in commerce and community service.
• Bachelor of Science Degree, Magna Cum Laude, Journalism, Northern Illinois University
Elected to Kappa Tau Alpha, National Honor Society for Journalism Students.
• Associate in Arts Degree, Magna Cum Laude, Rock Valley College, Rockford, Illinois
Elected to Phi Theta Kappa, National Honor Society for Junior College Students.
• Russian Interpreter Graduate, Defense Language Institute, Monterey, California
• Regular Army Candidate to West Point Military Academy, West Point Prep School, Ft. Belvoir, Virginia
• Career in communications was launched during three years of service in United States Army Intelligence, including training in Russian at the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, California, and being sent to West Point Preparatory School. (Resigned after deciding against a military career in favor of becoming a writer.)
• While in college, was a continuity writer for CBS affiliate in Rockford, IL, reporter for McGraw-Hill's Dodge Construction News Service, and college newspaper editor and columnist.
• Served as feature writer and government reporter for the Rockford’s 80,000 circulation daily newspaper.
• Served as managing editor of The Observer, an 11-county weekly newspaper in northern Illinois.
• Founded and directed for more than two decades an advertising/public relations agency engaged in research, marketing, and publishing.
• Created and produced the cartoon “Blockheads & Co,” which was syndicated nationally by the Register and Tribune Syndicate.
• Wrote a humor/satire column, “Gile Without Guile," which was syndicated nationally by NC News Service.
• Founded and published The North End Times, 13,000 circulation regional monthly magazine in tabloid format (now converted by new owners to a weekly newspaper known as The Rock River Times).
Editor and Publisher Experience
• Founded and serves as editor-in-chief of JGC/United Publishing, 1989-Present. ((concealed information)
• JGC books have made and topped bestseller lists, have won awards, have become book club selections, and have gone into foreign language production — Chinese and Spanish. ((concealed information)
• Frequent speaker and workshop presenter at Staff Development for Educators and International Reading Association Conferences and at other gatherings of educators and leaders in commerce and community service.
• Guest on numerous radio and television talk shows with interviews on literacy and communication skill topics.
• Provided student reading and writing programs and teacher in-service programs to more than 500,000 in 39 states, Europe, and New Zealand.
college / university preparation lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest journalism lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, communications lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|