I enjoy keeping students engaged by making lessons relatable and encouraging students to integrate their new found knowledge into other areas of their lives. I believe that everyone learns differently, and that being adaptable to the needs of each student is critical to providing the best quality instruction. I also like to incorporate exam practice and strategy, as this is an area of considerable anxiety for many students. Building confidence can greatly enhance a student's ability to test well and more accurately showcase their depth of knowledge and command of a subject.
I am currently a second year graduate student in a couple and family therapy master's program at Alliant University in Sacramento. I have a bachelor's degree in biology with an emphasis on human anatomy and physiology and a minor in developmental psychology. I've worked as a substitute teacher and coach for the last 6 years, working with all age groups from kindergarteners to college students.
Bachelor of Science, Biology May 2014
George Fox University, Newberg, Oregon
• Minor in Psychology, emphasis on education and child development
• 3.45/4.00 cumulative GPA
EMT-Basic Training Program March 2017
Chemeketa Community College, McMinnville, Oregon
• Courses in emergency responding, basic life support, and patient care
Substitute Teacher January 2018-present
Willows Unified School District, Willows, CA
• Providing instruction and implementing lessons and curriculum
• Providing classroom support, supplemental instruction, and behavior coaching for mild/moderate and moderate/severe SPED classes, grades K-8
JV Girls’ Basketball Coach November 2017-present
Willows High School, Willows CA
• Structure practices that facilitate basic skill development, improved game strategy, competitive mentality, team cohesion, and sportsmanship
• Provide technical feedback, encouragement, and guidance for players
English Teacher August 2017-November 2017
Christ for the City International, Soyapango, El Salvador
• Created curriculum to teach English to non-English speakers of all ages
• Taught both basic and intermediate classes; focused on developing vocabulary, grammatical
understanding and conversational capability
• Was involved in community outreach, providing food and services to low-income families, and disabled or elderly members of the community.
Assistant Track and Field Coach August 2014-May 2017
George Fox University, Newberg, OR
• Helped to structure and run practices, provided technical feedback, and lead team strength and conditioning sessions
• Assisted with recruiting, coordinating travel arrangements, and weekly athlete check-ins to identify and remedy any issues with the training program
Undergraduate Research Projects September 2012-December 2013
Advanced Physiology Thyroid Function Project
• Measured the metabolic effects of thyroxine in adult rats
• Food, water and oxygen consumption were measured in addition to activity levels, and body mass under varying degrees of hypo- and hyperthyroidism
Senior Seminar Research Project, Female Athlete Triad
• Measured the degree of correlation between the presence of low body fat percentage and the onset of amenorrhea and osteoporosis in collegiate female athletes
HONORS & AWARDS
George Fox Biology Dept. Scholarship Winner 2010
Conference Champion, 400 hurdles, Northwest Conference Championships April 2013
Dean’s list, George Fox University August 2013-May 2014
IMPACT scholarship, Alliant International University August 2020-May 2021
Language: Intermediate Spanish
I have known Olivia for 11 years and worked with her for the last three. Olivia is an excellent teacher. She is perceptive, attentive, and engaging. Her kind and welcoming personality is awesome for anyone who might be a bit quiet or shy. She will work with your strengths to help you master new material and challenge you just enough to help you gain confidence and new skills. Highly recommend!
Olivia was my track and field coach at George Fox University for three years. While at GFU, Olivia displayed numerous skills and a positive attitude which made her a great coach. She was always encouraging, patient, and pleasant to be around. Further, I never saw her lose her patience or show her frustration - even though there were plenty of opportunities for which a person similarly situated would have, myself included. Overall, Olivia was a great coach and would make an excellent teacher or tutor.
algebra lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest psychology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, college / university preparation lessons for all!
Taking social science lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$15|