I adapt my tutoring sessions to my students individually. I believe that students brings their own genius to the table, and it is my joy to help them unlock that genius. I can offer tutoring based on research-based practices to help a struggling mathematician, or simply offer guidance and pointers on how to nail your next test. I believe learning can be fun, so let's learn together!
I'm studying special education at Radford University in their master's program. I have a passion for teaching with over 10 years of tutoring experience of all ages, from pre-K to college level. My students have gone from failing spelling tests to consistently receiving A's with just 2-3 hours of tutoring per week.
Master of Science, Radford University Radford University
Special Education, Adapted and General Curriculum.
Bachelor of Science, Radford University Radford, Virginia
Interdisciplinary studies with concentrations in Special Education and Science.
Graduated summa cum laude with a 3.99 GPA.
January 2021- present
Student Teacher, Margaret Beeks Elementary School in Blacksburg, VA
• Manage a caseload of 8 students, second and fourth grade. Two students attend virtually, and 6 in person.
• Observe and evaluate students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
• Maintain accurate and complete student records, and prepare reports on children and activities, as required
by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
• Teach socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior modification and positive
• Under the direction of cooperating teacher, design and implement lesson plans.
• Implement instruction from scripted reading programs, such as Spire and Benchmark.
October 2020- present
Private tutor in Christiansburg, VA
• Provide reading services to a private school student with ADHD and dyslexia.
August 2020- November 2020
Early Field Special Education Intern, Belview Elementary School in Christiansburg, VA
• Cotaught in the only coteaching cohort in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
• Coplaced with an Elementary Education major in a 5th grade classroom of 20 students.
• Adapted teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
• Established and enforced rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for
whom they are responsible.
• Instructed students individually, in small groups and in whole group, using various teaching methods, such
as lectures, discussions, and demonstrations.
January 2020- May 2020
Early Field Special Education Intern, Christiansburg Middle School
• Implemented special educaiton instruction for 11 students on the general education curriculum, in small groups, individually, and whole-class.
• Co-taught in English and Math classes.
• Attended IEP and eligibility meetings.
• Observed administration of Woodcock-Johnson.
• Conferred with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral concerns.
March 2020- June 2020
Private tutor in Roanoke, VA
• Provided tutoring services to a ninth grade student with autism and ADHD.
February 2018- May 2018
Private tutor in Roanoke, VA
• Provide tutoring services to a college student struggling with research papers.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|