Master's Degree in Math, Passionate to Teach Math, living in Taunton MA 02780
- at her home
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS :
Exam/Degree Year Institution % Of Marks Division
M.Sc ( Mathematics ) 1999-2001 D.A.V. College Jalandhar
( G.N.D.U Amritsar ) 67 % FIRST
B.Ed ( Maths, Eco ) 2002-2003 M.G.N College Jalandhar
( G.N.D.U. Amritsar ) 74 % FIRST
B.A ( Mathematics ) 1996-1999 Hindu Kanya College, Kapurthala
( G.N.D.U Amritsar ) 77 % FIRST
10+2 ( P.S.E.B ) 1995-1996 Hindu Kanya College, Kapurthala
68 % FIRST
10th ( I.C.S.E ) 1993-1994 Christ King Convent School, Kapurthala 79 % FIRST
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS :
Cleared U.G.C - N.E.T (National Eligibility Test) for Lecturer-ship
(Appeared on 19th Dec 2004; Result on 1st Jun2005)
Completed One Year Honors Diploma in Network-Centered Computing
from NIIT, Delhi on 31st August 2001.
Cleared TOEFL with Score of 260 out of 300 on 31st August 2004.
Cleared Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure for Middle School( Test required for Teaching Math in Massachusetts, USA )
Issuance No: 1349054, Certificate No: 442442
Field (Level) – Mathematics (5-8), Category (Type) – Academic (Preliminary)
UNIVERSITY TOPPER in Graduation.
Awarded with “SARASWATI AWARD” for being Topper for consecutively
Five years in the College.
Awarded with Academic Prize from Mr.I.K.Gujral , Former Prime Minister of India.
Head Girl of the College during Final Year of Graduation.
Appreciation Award for contribution to College Magazine.
Member of Vidalaya Vikas Parishad .
Class Representative throughout School & College.
Office Bearer of Old Student Association.
With 8 and half years of teaching experience to all different classes from primary to high schools.
I believe that I can help students in understanding Math in interesting way.
Math is a way of life and is related to all the spheres of life. Once understood it can help us becoming smart.
Mathematics Teacher (Middle Section ), Pathseekers School Beas, India ( April 4, 2015 to December 19 , 2016 )
• Taught Mathematics from Grade 6 to 9
• Member of Mathematics Lab
• Prepare students for quizzes and competition
• Examination coordinator for middle and secondary section. Learned leadership and team skills, Distribution of duties among teachers for Invigilation, Question Paper Setting, Checking Answer sheets and final entries in
• Analysis of results , report cards
• Dividing students into sections according to their grades
PRT (Math) Teacher , Pathseekers School Beas, India ( September 26, 2014 – April 3, 2015 )
• Taught Math from Grade 3 to 5
• Teacher in charge of Grade 3
TGT (Math)Teacher , Bawa Lalwani Public School , Kapurthala India ( Apr 4, 2014 – September 24, 2014)
• Taught Math from Grade VII to XI
• Teacher in charge of Grade X
• Math Lab member
• Designed Lesson Plan and worksheets for grades.
PGT (Math), Mount Carmel School, Dwarka New Delhi (Apr 2008 – Dec 2008).
• Taught mathematics to 10th, 11th & 12th grade students.
• Designed and implemented comprehensive lesson plans for the three grades: Relations and Functions, Trigonometry, Algebra, Calculus, Coordinate Geometry, Vectors and 3D Geometry, Statistics and Probability.
• Developed unit-based projects that are centered on real-world situations to show students the importance of gaining a solid education and how mathematics correlated with everyday life.
• Incorporated various technologies in the classrooms including digital image projector and computer software and made appropriate use of math laboratory to perform practical of mathematics.
• Created assignments for all the three grades on the completion of each topic.
• Participated in Math Club and collaborated with colleagues to integrate new activities and allocate effective resources.
• Member of Hamara Prayas Educational and Welfare Society and honored with Dr. S. Radhakrishnan Memorial Award-2008.
Attended various workshops for improving teaching strategies and working with autistic children.
PGT (Mathematics), Saviour World School, Paschim Vihar New Delhi (Jan2007 – Mar2008).
• Taught mathematics to 8th, 10th, and 11th grade students.
• Design comprehensive lesson plans ensuring that each student is able to retain and understand the material at hand.
• Assessed students’ progress daily in math concepts class.
• Attended workshop of Edu Heal Foundation on Mathematic Math.
• Planned and organized 5 day camp of Art of Loving Math for 7th and 8th grade.
• Prepared students of 8th grade for Math Olympiad conducted by CBSE.
• Attended all staff meetings and professional development workshops on teaching skills.
Lecturer, Department of Mathematics, GNDU, Amritsar ( OCT 2001 - OCT 2005) HINDU KANYA COLLEGE, Kapurthala, Punjab
• Taught Calculus, Differential Equations, Algebra , Linear Algebra ,Improper Integral, Coordinate
Geometry, Sequence And Series, Riemann Integral & Solid Geometry to all graduation
Classes and 11th & 12th grades.
• Attended workshops, seminars, debates and discussions on improving teaching skills, Problems of Education, Role of an Educator.
• Attended Orientation Camps every year organized by Samkalp Institution , Delhi
• Organizer of ECO-Club.
• Helped students in participation of Elocution in Youth Festival.
• Attended 5 Days IAS Orientation Camp ( Along With Students ) organized by Samkalp Institution , Delhi.
• Attended 3 Days IAS Orientation Camp In Pathankot organized by
Sankalp Institution , Pathankot.
Volunteer Teacher In Taunton Catholic Middle School, Taunton MA 02780 US for Grade 5,6,7 and 8 (Sept 10 – Dec 10)
She is a dedicated and a loyal teacher.For her teaching is a noblest profession. She does her duties with full zeal and enthusiasm.She was one of the trustworthy teachers of our school.
I would like to recommend Poonam as she has keen interest in mathematical search. Whenever she was given any assignment, she went deep into the problem. She has more concern in the application of mathematical concepts rather than its theoretical part. She has been outstanding and very accomplished student not only in my class but also in the college.
View more recommendations
When I tutor, I work with the student on the homework. First I have the student show me the problem and see what they would...
My teaching method is we take our time. We can not rush Algebra. You have to be through, so I’ll solve one problem, then...
I have a rather unique way of teaching concepts to people. I try and teach math concepts by relating the concepts to...
My teaching method is based on making kids not only understand what they are doing but also why they are doing it. I...
I enjoy working with students that need assistance in mathematics. I love nearly all subjects of mathematics and I love...
My lessons are best for elementary and middle schoolers! Together we can work on a variety of subjects including Math,...
Students are always happy to return for tutoring. I can prepare students for their math exams at school or provide hands on...
My techniques are all personalized to fit the needs of each student and go above and beyond to ensure they understand the...
I start the session getting to know the students struggles and learn what to focus on. I then get to learn what method works...
I have an BA in Liberal Arts from Columbia and a PHD in Social Sciences from Harvard. I teach many levels of students from...
I am a very meticulous, responsible, and determined tutor. I make sure that my student understands every part of the topic...
Who am I? A college student in physics and math with a passion for sharing and discovering information. How do I teach?...
I believe learning is interactive. In order to understand chemistry or math you must engage with it. In order for the...
I have a Masters' Degree and am now working on a Doctorate Degree. I have several years 'experience tutoring Math, Algebra,...
Some mathematicians believe in teaching math the way it was originally developed: the hard way. Every problem-solving...
I have the ability to identify and work with each trainee's learning style and adjust the tutoring experience accordingly. I...
I teach students from Grade 3 - College, as well as adults preparing for professional exams or those re-learning forgotten...
My teaching approach is focused on building a relationship one on one with my students. I first want to get to know you and...
My teaching method is using pretest to understand where exactly a students strengths and weaknesses are. I base my...
Mi metodología de enseñanza en Matemáticas en por medio de ejercicios y practica, y destacando las aplicaciones en la...
My teaching approach is more on students experience the solving then guide them if I observe that there is a confusion going...
Describe the problem encountered on this ad