I wil teach you how to get the effects and looks you need to create some of the most unique and beautiful products, whether for yourself or a client.
I have been lucky to have learned from the best, on how to make you, your personal best.
It will be a hands on and fun ride to your own goal!
Be a professional, or just learn the skills to make your own work shine
With over 40 years in the theming industry, and whose work has been used with theme parks, shows, and movies, I look forward to showing and teaching,
Cement props/ build and paint
Jonathan S. Harms
2017 – PresentDaniels WoodlandTempleton, CA
Art Department Manager
• Manage and train art department staff
• Implement new technologies, marketing strategies for upselling
• Creates props, scenes, molds, lighting, animatronic features, story lines and audio for attractions.
• Works with outside vendors and partners on developing new products.
• Develops standard operating procedures that adhere to safety and government regulations.
• Maintains departments operating budget to produce profitable outcomes.
• Coordinates resources, talent, and schedules with supporting departments.
2013-PresentNanovap TechnologiesLas Vegas, NV
Chief Technology Developer
• Design, develop test and market innovative cooling system.
• Work with overseas suppliers to develop manufacturing process.
• Create and file new technology patents.
o Designed energy saving hydroponic cooling systems.
o Designed small footprint hydroponic grow systems.
o Designed, and installed energy-saving Luma cool/heat removal system.
o Designed tooling for injection molding, and stamping laminating.
o Create working prototypes for design studies.
o Design augmented reality targets/products for visual marketing.
2005-2013The Forum ShopsLas Vegas, NV
Director of Entertainment Features
• Manage and train the show technicians and aquarium staff of the entertainment and aquarium features of The Forum Shops at Caesars.
• Creates and maintains budgets for three different major venues (including live animal exhibit). Develops preventative maintenance programs and community outreach programs.
• Responsible for a 1.3 million dollar operation budget.
• Implements enhancements and updates to technology on property.
• Designs, develops and installs entertainment features for the Simon properties nationally.
1997-2005The Forum ShopsLas Vegas, NV
Simon Entertainment Technical Advisor
• Retrofitted and refurbished laser, robotic, video show attraction creating a $2.6M capital improvement project.
• Design develop advanced fly by wire hydraulic control systems
• Retrofitted and enhanced pyrotechnics, robotic effects, increased boiler efficiency, researched and installed cost saving DLP video projectors.
• Designed and developed show features for other company owned properties.
• Developed and implemented energy saving capital improvement project creating $200,000 in savings a year.
• Implemented and maintained advanced training program to include audio/visual, laser, robotic, theatrical lighting, Media Matrix, Alcorn McBride, Adobe Premier, TRIAD, Peavy, BARCO, Proxima and Epson Projector series.
• Designed developed $1.5M led screen project one of the largest in use today.
1995-1997AniwerksLas Vegas, NV
Owner and Operator
• Animatronics design and development.
• Model/prototype design and fabrication to include stereo lithography molding.
• Created, maintained and enhanced traveling exhibits.
• Retrofitted Fuji traveling museum exhibit The Last Dinosaur.
• Designed, installed attractions and trained maintenance staff at Lotte World Korea.
• Repaired and enhanced animatronics features at Buffalo Bills and Sam’s Town as well as trained maintenance staff.
1994-1995Treasure IslandLas Vegas, NV
Aesthetic Design Coordinator
• Painted and finished set effect on exterior Buccaneer Bay attraction.
• Trained and enhanced staff abilities on set design and aesthetic effects.
• Developed extreme exposure finishes for high maintenance attractions.
• Created stage set materials for Cirque de Soleil productions O’ show.
1994-1995Creative PresentationsValencia, CA
Exhibit Sales Manager
• Responsible for developing sales leads for traveling museum exhibits.
• Implemented Backyard Monsters exhibit tour.
• Managed installation, operation and maintenance of exhibits including packing and shipping.
• Analyzed placement to increase traffic flow and museum attendance.
• Worked with marketing departments to create best advertising venues.
• Created products for vendor sales
1991-1994Creative Presentations Valencia, CA
Figure Finish Department Manager
• Designed and developed projects relating to exhibits and animatronics.
• Worked with team of artists, museum representatives and scientists to create accurate and realistic exhibits.
• Developed exhibits using silicone, fiberglass, urethanes, injection mold, vacuform and various other materials.
1989-1991G.T. StylingCosta Mesa,CA
Director of Engineering and Design
• Product development of consumer goods for the auto industry.
• Managed department responsible for machine, molds for production and development.
1988-1989Model Techniques Costa Mesa, CA
• Constructed architectural models and topographies
• Working prototypes for various new products
• Small scale production pieces.
• Methods of build for startup companies
• Engineered full-scale prototypes of machinery
1982-1988Valley toysFresno, CA
Director of Research and Design
• Developed and researched consumer toy products and managed production team from prototype to production.
• Documented and developed production methods for purposes of patent and training.
• Responsible for 4 registered patents for toy development including the Outdoor Spectacular Christmas Tree, the Glitter Baton, the Crystal Baton and the Mylar Pinwheel.
1981-1982Color MagicFresno, CA
• Supervised a team of custom automotive painters.
• Produced faux finish techniques including wood grain, mural, airbrush and fiberglass.
• Microsoft Media and advanced software interfacing show and exhibits
• Light technician trained
• Laser technician trained
• Development and installation of commercial and private water features
• Video and audio technician and editor
• Multi-media presentation set up
• Developer of propeller driven recreational water craft
• Faux marble, concrete overlay, rock-scape, tree-scape and artifact décor
• Professional sculpture and painter
• Augmented reality designs
• Nevada Pyro
• echnician License
• Blood Borne Pathogen Certified
• CPR/AED Certified
• Forklift operator Certified
• SSI SCUBA Certified
• IAAPA Member
• Medical Illustrator
painting lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest art and design lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sculpture lessons for all!
Taking airbrush lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$50|