My pedagogical process begins with an assessment of the student's goals and the steps needed to achieve those aims. Once these objectives have been established, I work with my students to tailor my extant courses to their learning styles and needs.
My courses are coding and Excel intensive. There is no requirement for any prior knowledge, as the courses include coding tuition.
Please see the available lesson diet below:
- Quantitative Finance & Risk Management
- Modern Portfolio Theory
- Investment Management
- Introduction to Data Science
- Market Structures & Industrial Organisation
- Statistics: S1-S4
Lesson materials provided. Bespoke courses available upon request.
After several years as an Investment Analyst in the Alternative Investment space in London, where I headed the finance and data science course offerings provided to entry level Investment Analysts, my work has recently brought me to the New York area.
My academic background is in Econometrics, Economics, and statistics. I attained a Masters degree with Honours from the University of St Andrews, in Scotland.
The Implicit Costs of ‘Dumb’ Smart-Beta, Working Paper
Investment Management Certificate (IMC) Levels I & II
University of St Andrews, Scotland, United Kingdom
MA (Honours) Economics
Dissertation: Mining Coal and Data: A Comparative Study of Classical Econometrics' and Artificial Neural Networks' Predictive Modelling Capabilities
ASSET RISK CONSULTANTS, London, United Kingdom
Investment Consultancy specialising in High Net-Worth Private Clients and Charities
Investment Strategy Analyst
• Responsible for coordinating client relationship management across the business, distributing quarterly commentaries, reports, and handling client queries
• Implementing automated pitch-book creation using R Markup, linking external data streams, portfolio risk graphing, and marketing materials for procedurally generated presentations
• Developed cumulative return forecasting dashboard to validate trade ideas for client portfolios
• Calculated portfolio risk metrics, such as CVaR, relative risk, and drawdowns for client portfolios
• Constructed Fund of Funds momentum strategy for client mandate; worked with client’s private bank on the strategy’s execution
ALBOURNE PARTNERS, London, United Kingdom
Investment Consultancy specialising in Alternative Investments with $450BN AUA
Portfolio & Risk Management Analyst
• Deployed k-means clustering for modelling portfolio strategy risk, improving transparency of portfolio risk profiles for in-house investment committee
• Modelled client portfolio performance to consult prominent US state pension fund client; clarified impact of increased allocation to alternative investments and real assets
• Evaluated potential performance of investment strategies for FTSE100 firm's pension fund through advanced stochastic modelling, demonstrating outcomes to client
• Assessed discrepancies between past quarterly hedge fund strategy forecasts and performance, utilised results to update firm's internal strategy modelling procedures
SAS INSTITUTE, Washington, DC, United States
Multinational analytics software developer, specialising in statistical modelling platforms
Systems Engineering Intern
• Presented Product Capabilities Matrices for RFPs at major US Intelligence Agencies, winning two major contracts for SAS worth
• Consulted CDC on ramifications of potential Ebola outbreak in US; deployed SAS Visual Analytics to demonstrate findings to agency
• Reengineered in-house CRM system for technical sales staff, increasing upgrades from current client base by 25%
Daniel provides me with tutoring in markets and asset management during my senior year. With his guidance I was able to secure a summer internship and full time offer with Goldman Sachs Asset Management. He is a fantastic teacher, and I can not recommend him enough!
Dan and I went to university together, so I can speak to his hardworking nature and excellence in the classroom. Dan always has a smile on, is fun, engaging, and a genuine joy to be around. I know that Dan will excel as a tutor because of these characteristics, and his commitment to helping his students perform the best that he possibly can.
economics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest finance lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, microeconomics lessons for all!
Taking macroeconomics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$100||$100|