I give lessons in physics at high school and college level according to students requirements and use problems solving exercises to explain concepts. The lessons will include the explanation of a concept followed by applications of that concept and using multiple problem solving strategies.
I have been teaching for over 5 years up to college level both as a class room instructor and tutoring to individuals. I am currently employed as a tutor at an accredited state college in college level physics and mathematics.
Education & Training
Master of Science in Physics
GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY | Atlanta, GA | 2016
Bachelor of Science in Physics and Electronics
UNIVERSITY OF KELANIYA | Kelaniya, Sri Lanka | 2012
Certificate in Business Accounting, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, 2008
Advanced Certificate in Management Accounting, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, 2009
Student member of American Physical Society (APS)
Student member of Society of Society of Photographic Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE)
Student member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Member of Physics Graduate Student Association (PGSA) – Georgia State University
Member of Sri Lankan Student Association (SLaSA) – Georgia State University
GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY, ATLANTA, GA 2013 – 2016
GRADUATE RESEARCH/TEACHING ASSISTANT, DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS AND ASTRONOMY
• Assisted faculty in teaching studio-based Physics classes consisting of Classical Mechanics and Electromagnetic Theory, for the duration of two semesters. Instructed students in Laboratory classes for Algebra, Classical Mechanics and Electromagnetic Theory, during five semesters.
• Administered exams, graded papers, handled classroom-related errands.
• Assisted the professor in completing research.
• Utilized LabVIEW to develop a control system for Impedance Profiling and Characterization of Semiconductor devices, and to create a program for Transient Noise Profile Measurement for Infrared Photodetectors.
UNIVERSITY OF KELANIYA, KELANIYA, SRI LANKA 2011 – 2013
DEMONSTRATOR/ TUTOR/ LABORATORY COORDINATOR, DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
• Responsible for teaching Electronics Laboratory Classes to first, second, and third-year college students.
• Served as Laboratory Coordinator for Digital Signal Processing Laboratory, training staff members, supervising staff, ensuring laboratory safety, maintaining equipment, and ordering supplies.
• Educated individuals on laboratory safety regulations, equipment uses, equipment care, and cleaning practices.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|