My teaching approach is based is to first assess the student's knowledge of subject and then tackle their gaps in knowledge while analyzing what may be the root of their academic problems and focus on that once all gaps of knowledge are filled.
Over 10 years of experience tutoring children of all ages from 4-18 years old and adults. I specialize in Math and Science focusing on Chemistry and Biology but also have a lot of experience with test prep, career advising and study/notetaking skills. I completed my Bachelors’ in Science in Biology and Master’s in Public Health. Also have experience working on phonics, reading skills, study skills and organizational/note taking skills. I have been trained in teaching/tutoring by reputable tutoring centers such as Huntington Learning Center, Spider Smart Tutoring center, Kumon Learning Center and Wake Forest University Tutoring Center.
Private Tutoring: Many Locations September 2014-Present
Reading and Math Tutor
• Provided students with in home tutoring sessions. Subjects covered include: Math, Reading/Writing, Study Skills and organizations.
• Students were of ages 5-18 in Florida, Maryland and California, these jobs gave me exposure to different public school curriculum requirements from state to state.
SPIDERSMART LEARNING CENTER: Baltimore, MD September 2015-January 2018
Business Strategy Consultant/Lead Math Educator
• Lead Math teacher responsible for creating and maintaining Math curriculum for 30 math students. Experienced in teaching Elementary to high school Math, Science and Reading.
• Created and implemented processes and systems that have increased Math student enrollment by 50%.
• Identified business areas that need improvement such as teacher and student retention as well as looking for areas to cut spending and save money.
WELLINGTON COLLEGIATE ACADEMY: Wellington, FL September 2014-June 2015
Science Educator/Head of Science Program
Responsible for designing curriculum for the science program and teaching Chemistry at WCA.
• Created a unique curriculum for an interdisciplinary middle school science class combining math, physics biology and chemistry.
• Created, administered and graded science experiments, unit and chapter tests and other interactive assignments.
• Created a career development course for middle school students.
TUTOR DOCTOR: Palm Beach, FL September 2014-June 2015
Responsible for designing and teaching a unique curriculum for each student to be administered at home which includes homework help and study skills. Subjects focused on include Early Reading and Math.
HUNTINGTON LEARNING CENTER: Boynton Beach, FL October 2014-March 2015
Responsible for teaching the Huntington curriculum for Math and Reading and special subjects such as AP Biology and AP Chemistry.
Reading Partners: Washington, D.C October 2012-February 2013
Helped transform young readers into confident readers who are excited about learning by tutoring children in reading on a weekly basis, focusing on reading skills and bringing child onto appropriate reading level.
Kumon Learning Center: Davie, FL March 2012-August 2012
Responsible for grading assignments and assisting students with reading and math.
WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY: Winston-Salem, NC August 2007-August 2010
UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA: Philadelphia, PA June 2009-August 2010
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Master of Public Health at George Washington University, 3.86 GPA, 2014
Honors/Awards: Columbian Woman Scholar, Phi Delta Gamma Scholar, Delta Omega Honor Society
Bachelor of Science in Biology at Wake Forest University, 3.1 GPA, 2010
Honors/Awards: J.Rubin Scholar, George Snow Scholar, Dean’s list
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$50|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$500|