My teaching strategies depend on what kind of learners I have. I always employ differentiated instruction to cater to the different learning abilities of my students. There are days that my strategy would be pure teacher-centered and days that it would be purely student-centered. I have used cooperative learning strategies and the concept of multiple intelligence to encourage student-centered approach to learning. I also incorporate games to introduce a concept or unlock some difficulties. I also have used flipped classroom where I assigned a theory for students to study at home and do some activities or exercises when they come back to classrooms.
I have been teaching Math for 29 years with maximum of 48 students in a class for 8 classes in a level, to one-on-one tutorial. I had also online classes through Skype, Messenger and Google Hangouts. My classes were always interactive and full of varied activities so the learners could better practice the needed skill. Games and other fun activities are also included to make learning more fun. Students were always appreciative of the lessons and activities they got to learn and experience inside the classroom and always wanting for more. Many of my former students who are now professionals are very appreciative of the things they learned from me.
Rates increases depending on the level and distance
JUVY S. SOGO-AN
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NATURAL SCIENCES
MASTER OF ARTS IN EDUCATION
MAJOR IN EDUCATIONAL ADMINISTRATION (2 YEARS)
College Instructor in Math, Biochemistry, Nutrition and Group Dynamics
Oman College of Health Sciences, Nizwa, Sultanate of Oman
June 2014 – July 2019
• Created special math worksheets in English for the BSN Omani students.
• Designed math remediation program for students with unique needs.
• Used real-life connections in problem solving activities.
• Provided varied activities for heterogeneous classes.
• Integrated cooperative learning strategies.
• Established interdisciplinary connections specially in the field of pharmacology.
• Integrated games in math learning and Group Dynamics
Secondary Math Teacher
School of Saint Anthony, Quezon City, Philippines
June 1993 – March 31, 2014
• Trained students for math competitions.
• Formed Math Honors Society aimed to hone students for math challenges and activities.
• Implemented an articulation program with the grade school math department to bridge the gap in
math teaching and learning.
• Designed an action research in integrating drama in solving math problems.
• Trained students for field demonstration
• Awarded Outstanding High School Teacher in 1996.
St. John Technological College, Novaliches, Quezon City, Philippines
October 1991- April 1993.
• Formulated the Math and English curriculum of the institution
• Introduced the interdisciplinary approach across subject areas.
• Chaired the graduation program.
Saint Vincent’s High School
La Castellana, Negros Occidental, Philipines
June 1987-April 1989
• Integrated games and explorations in math and physics classes.
• Trained students for co-curricular and extra-curricular activities where one senior student
became the champion in a Math & Physics inter-school contest.
• Introduced after-school training programs for students.
• Guided the students to showcase their projects in the first Math and Science Exhibit.
• Mathematics and Beyond (Grade 9 Textbook)
BC Educational Co.,
• The Language of Math: Intermediate Algebra (Grade 8 Textbook)
FNB Educational Co.
2002 – Present
• Enjoying Math ( Prep Math)
BC Ecucational, Inc.
2009 - Present
• Math Probe (Math supplemental magazines for students)
Grades 4, 7 , 8 and 10
Gintong Aral Publications, 1999 – 2014
• National Achievement Test Reviewer
Gintong Aral Publications, Inc
High School Department, School of Saint Anthony
June 1995 – April 2004.
• Assisted the Vice Principal in the academic supervision of teachers.
• Participated in the formulation and implementation of academic policies.
• Provided help in the preparation of teachers’ schedule, class program and calendar of activities.
• Supervised the teachers in training students for on and off-campus activities.
• Came up with innovations that help enrich classroom instruction and learning among students.
• Assessed students’ academic performance in the subject area in coordination with the Guidance Office.
• Conferred with the Assistant Principal and Principal on teacher/student performances and the
general condition of instruction.
• Checked syllabi, lesson plans, class records, test questions, and other instructional materials.
• Conducted clinical and formal observations to teachers throughout the school year.
• Supervised the gifted and talented students as well as slow learners in coordination with the teachers.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|