My teaching method is Visualization. By bringing dull academic concepts to life, I can help students understand how their learning is applied in the real world. I approach each topic by first identifying the outcome of the lesson. Afterward, I support the student to create a mind-map of the new concepts. Doing so would allow us to take baby steps to master the lesson.
Growing up with nine siblings provided me the opportunity to exhibit my love for teaching through them. In earning my HS Diploma and an Associates degree, I found numerous possibilities to volunteer/work as a tutor at my local library and college campus.
Foster Senior High School, Tukwila, WA – High School Diploma
September 2018 – June 2020
GPA of 3.76
Highline College, Des Moines, WA – A.S. in Chemistry Degree
September 2018 – June 2020
Running Start Student
GPA of 3.77
University of Washington, Seattle, WA – B.S. in Biochemistry Degree
Expected Start: September 2020
Expanding Your Horizons, Highline College, Des Moines, WA – Assistant
March 22, 2019
● Participated in EYH, a national conference that encourages young girls to explore careers in STEM
through hands-on activities
KCLS Tukwila Library, Tukwila, WA – Tutor
April 2019 - August 2019
● Tutored Students K-12 on subjects such as Math, English, and Reading
TRiO Student Support Services, Highline College – Tutor
June 2019 - PRESENT
● Tutoring program students in math, chemistry, biology, physics, and English
● Meeting with fellow program tutors to review tutoring curricula and common challenges experienced by
● Maintaining cleanliness around the center
● Completing individual projects to improve the tutoring system
● Assisting in event planning
Math Resource Center, Highline College – Tutor
April 2020 - PRESENT
● Tutoring students from intro level math to calculus
● Conducting tutoring outreach to provide students with help in homework and projects
● Developing tutoring materials for mathematic courses
● Producing video tutorials to assist students in the online-learning format
● Participating in class visits to educate students on available learning resources
AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
● Member of MESA (Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement), WiSE (Women in Science and
Engineering), PTK (Phi Theta Kappa), TRiO Student Support Services
● Kumon Mathematics Completion Award
● Level 2 CRLA International Tutor Training Program Certification
● Vice Presidential Honor Roll (FAL18, WIN19, SPR19, WIN20, SPR20)
● TRIO Academic Achievement Award
● SeaTac/Tukwila Rotary Club Scholarship
● UNCF STEM Scholar — Cohort 5
Sumaya is a good tutor because she clear understood the class information I needed help with.
Sumaya has a fantastic personality and honor teacher. She is honestly teaching and qualifies to be a teacher, and more. She always tries to explain until you fully understand it. I recommend her.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|