My teaching methodology is to make sure students understand, and this can be done by asking questions regularly while tutoring, which helps verify students' understanding. Using visual tools and real life situations is also part of my teaching style.
Not only I have helped students understanding their maths & English, but I have also trained soldiers while in the Army, and I am certainly ready to be your tutor and help you. Are you ready? Let me help you!
If I need to meet the students at the library, I prefer the tutoring to take place in a library located in Norfolk, Virginia. If the location is more than 7 miles, an extra fee of $5.00 added. Cancelation must be done 24 hours prior to the scheduled tutoring time, in order to avoid not being charged.
Omar H. Lawrence
Norfolk, Virginia in United States
As an English native speaker who is very enthusiastic and pedagogical and who constantly enjoys increasing and strengthening my teaching skills, my main objective is to join your team, knowing that my acquired computer skills would be an asset when integrating technology into your curriculum, as well as my teaching experiences, making it beneficial for your students.
EXPERIENCED AND SKILLED TEACHER AND TUTOR:
* Highest Degree: Bachelor of Business Administration - Information Technology.
* Active U.S. Government Security Clearance: Secret.
* English native speaker + Spanish (fluent) + Arabic (learning)
* Tutoring + teaching adults and children.
* Online Teacher Assistant with K-12 Math and Reading, as well as with ESL.
* Highly skilled with English, math, technology, and data entries.
* Married to a certified and experienced Teacher who is also hoping to teach in Saudi Arabia.
* Technology: MS Office + Technician + Internet + more…
* Can easily learn new skills, which includes new software.
* 3+ years of experience working in the Middle East.
TECHNOLOGY AND MATH SUMMARY:
English native speaker with experience teaching, tutoring K-12 students and adults and be a Teacher Helper with ESL, Reading, and Math.
Excel in problem solving questions, word problems, explaining diagrams, calculating, formulas, and theorems with fractions, whole numbers, integers, geometric or algebraic, as well as a solid elementary mathematics foundation.
Windows (all), IOS (Apple Devices) Linux, MS-DOS, and integration of technology into the curriculum.
If needed, can easily learn new software, but I am already very skilled with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint), MS Money, Word Perfect, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, etc., and I have also been hired to work with technology at various times.
B.B.A - Bachelor of Business Administration - Information Technology
Bryant & Stratton College, Virginia Beach, VA (2008-2015)
Associate Degree – General Studies
Paul D. Camp Community College, Franklin, VA (1997-1999)
I have been known being patient in various situations, including while teaching and tutoring young and older students, and have been known to easily adapt to new situations and environments, such as when I was in Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait, and while in Saudi Arabia.
U.S. ARMY (Reserve, Transportation) - Fort Eustis, Viriginia (Since 2000)
* Teach soldiers on a monthly basis (PT, weapons, Informational and Technical Requirements, etc.).
* Supervisor and Cargo Specialist, manage and ensure the accountability of all movements of Cargo, commerce, and
* sensitive items, manifest road, air, and postal.
* Conduct inventory control on daily spreadsheets, and print daily reports.
* Consolidate detailed information for better cost efficiency.
* Deployments: Iraq (2005) and Afghanistan (2008-2009 + 2010-2011)
TEACHER, TUTOR, TREASURER, SECURITY, MANAGER, ORGANIZER OF EVENTS
Masjid Ash-Shura, Volunteer - Norfolk, Virginia (2014 - 2018)
* Taught a variety of classes (children and adults).
* In charge of network security.
* Treasurer for both, the organization and the Book Club.
* Managed and operated the Book Club, which is used as a fundraiser.
ESL AND MATH TEACHER ASSISTANT (2011 - 2015)
Andree Carten, Online Teacher with Educate Online and with Portsmouth Public Schools
* Provided tutorial assistance, upon need, for individual online classes and with middle school and high school ESL students.
MATH TUTOR (While I was a student, between 2013 - 2015)
Bryant and Stratton College, Virginia Beach, Virginia
* Helped students with understanding their math and/or related content.
HELP DESK SPECIALIST / ANALYST AND COMPUTER MIGRATION TECHNICIAN
NAVSEA/CACI, Norfolk, Virginia (contractor, 2017)
Computer World Services (CWS), Falls Church, Virginia (contractor, 2016 - 2017)
Digital Intelligence System Corporation (DISYS), Norfolk, Virginia (2008, then deployed to Afghanistan)
Tazewell Hotel and Suites, Norfolk, Virginia (2010, then deployed to Afghanistan)
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|