My teaching method is very casual and conversational. The first lesson always includes talking about academic goals and establishing a baseline, discussing room for improvement, and thinking about study methods that students can benefit from. Many students get overwhelmed and anxious when they see a problem they don't know how to solve. My job as a tutor is to ease these problems and to teach students methods and strategies to be a better academic and achieve their goals.
I'm a mechanical engineering graduate with experience giving math and science lessons for Grades K-12 and on the college level. I have experience tutoring both in small groups and individually. I've helped students improve their grades, study for the SAT's and prepare for college exams.
Please feel free to contact me for rates! Rates differ depending on the frequency of lessons and level of study.
Interested in an opportunity to apply mechanical engineering- related skills to help students achieve their academic goals. Experience with individual and small groups with K-12 and college level. Detail-oriented. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Interested in tutoring for Mathematics and Science subjects.
B.E. Mechanical Engineering May 2020
CUNY City College of New York New York, NY
• Minor in Mathematics
• Engineering Leadership Certificate Recipient
• Cumulative GPA: 3.0
Capstone Project: Design of Rim Fan Hub-less Thruster
Analysis, design, and manufacturing of an electric motor with no central hub that is able to rotate at very high speeds. Process includes utilizing teamwork, computer analysis with various software, manufacturing and testing of prototype, selection of materials, and documenting and presenting a report to a non-technical audience.
RESEARCH/RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
REU Student Research Assistant May 2019-July 2019
Arizona State University, Phoenix, AZ
Project Title: Building Integrated Photovoltaics for Solar Pavilion
• Participated in photovoltaic solar cell research in a scientific laboratory facilitated by a post-doctorate student. Managed final project goals and worked in a team to conduct experiments and present our results. Participated in professional development opportunities and collaborated with fellow researchers, doctorate candidates, and faculty to meet deadlines and accomplish project goals.
Solar Engineering Intern January 2020-April 2020
American Solar Partners, Mount Vernon, NY
• Utilized AutoCAD to prepare layouts and related drawings for solar power systems. Supported project development by processing site visits. Assisted with residential and commercial-scale solar power projects by undertaking a variety of activities through the utilization of online tools such as PV Watts, NearMap, Aurora, and Excel to develop output and financial projections for prospective projects. Prepared equipment solutions for potential projects such as equipment compatibility lists and pricing.
Seasonal Package Handler August 2019-December 2019
United Parcel Service, Nanuet, NY
• Lifted packages weighing up to 150 pounds onto conveyor belts. Sorted packages to correct location according to label and load chart. Insured packages are moved with quality and the customer satisfaction in mind.
College Assistant July 2018-August 2019
CUNY School of Medicine Course Administration, New York, NY
• Arranged and processed mail, filed documents, and greeted the public by phone and in person. Address questions and/ or directed to appropriate persons. Maintained and ordered office supplies and processed purchase orders as needed. Worked effectively in a team environment; participated in decision making and maintaining cooperative interactions with students and staff/ faculty members of the CUNY campus. Given the task of recording several lecture series and producing them into podcasts for students to listen to later on.
Bicycle Mechanic May 2018-July 2018
SP Carbon Bicycles New York, NY
• Assisted in assembling new bikes and troubleshooting used ones. Helped with marketing bikes that were for sale by using social media. Interacted with customers to find the right product for them based on their needs.
Grounds Crew Member September 2017-May 2018
Bear Mountain State Park, Bear Mountain, NY
• Aided in the maintenance of park grounds. Operated heavy equipment to ensure customer safety on roadways.
Academic Tutor/CUNY Service Corps Member August 2016-January 2017
Good Shepherd Services, Brooklyn, NY
• Academic Tutor: Provided tutoring services to middle school students in an afterschool program. Assisted students in subjects, including math and science. Helped high school students with homework and test preparation in both group and individual sessions. Provided additional guidance to students who continued to struggle to grasp the material.
• CUNY Service Corps Member: Completed intensive training that concentrated on civic engagement and workplace readiness. Attended biweekly workshops and meetings in order to gain professional and community service-based skills. Participated in campus and university- wide events with other student members and alumni of the program.
Small Group Tutor October 2015-December 2015
Renaissance Youth Center, New York, NY
• Tutored students between, ages 5-12 in math and English. Helped students with reading and homework on an individual basis. Provided instruction to meet each student’s unique learning styles.
Pool Attendant May-August, 2015-2017
Bear Mountain State Park, Bear Mountain, NY
• Provided friendly, prompt, and efficient customer service while operating cash register. Assisted with grounds maintenance and ensuring customers’ safety. Tasked with training new employees for the season.
Building Integrated Photovoltaics for November 2019
AzSEC Conference, Oracle, AZ
Design of a Rim Fan Hub-less Thruster May 2020
CUNY City College of New York, New York, NY
Arduino IDE Intermediate
Engineers without Borders August 2015- May 2020
Habitat for Humanity August 2015- May 2020
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|