I tutor based on the needs of the individual. I like for my students to fill me in on what they do and don't understand within the subject content during the first lesson or two. My goal is to teach students to become independent learners by encouraging analytical thinking to reinforce a deeper understanding of the material. I am comfortable tutoring any level of education from elementary to adult students!
I am a Medical School applicant for the 2019 cycle. I have a BS in Biology and MS in Biotechnology, and I was an Honor's college student at my university, as well as a Division I student-athlete in Track/Cross Country.
Lessons must be cancelled/rescheduled at least 24 hours in advance
University of Alabama at Birmingham Birmingham, AL
• Master of Science, Biotechnology August 2017
• Bachelor of Science, Biology (Science and Technology Honors) April 2016
Achievements, Leadership, Service, and Involvement:
• Student-Athlete, Women’s Track & Cross Country Teams January 2013-May 2017
• ACE Certified Personal Trainer July 2017-July 2019
• CPR/AED/First-Aid (Adult & Pediatric) Certification May 2017-May 2019
• The National Society of Leadership and Success (Sigma Alpha Pi) April 2015-Present
• Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Society (Alpha Class), President (2015) & Initiate Adviser (2014)
• Student-Athlete Advisory Committee, Active Member, Representative, & Executive Board (2016-17)
• DNA and RNA Isolation
• Gel Electrophoresis
• Western Blot Hybridization
• Plasmid Ligation and Transformation
• Cell Culture
• Invasion Assay
• Confocal Microscopy Preparation
• Institutional Review Board (IRB)
• IRB Informed Consent
• Chemical Safety
physics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, other sciences lessons for all!
Taking college / university preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$24||$24|