I am a recent Masters graduate looking to share my knowledge of English, oral expression, and writing, as well as screenwriting. I will teach any level, and will tailor my lessons and approach to students' specific needs. I am very patient and will move at whatever pace the student desires.
This will be my first time teaching, but I am excited to try! I have years of experience giving notes to my peers, and know how to effectively communicate constructive feedback. Though not in a teaching capacity, people enjoy working with me because of my easy-going, supportive demeanor.
Please add $0.50 per mile traveled to the hourly fee.
Chapman University / Dodge College of Film and Media Arts, Orange, California
• Attended 2015-2017. MFA Screenwriting.
Santa Fe University of Art and Design, Santa Fe, New Mexico
• Attended 2011-2015. BA Moving Image Arts; Summa Cum Laude.
• Shoe Money Productions; Intern at Thomas Schlamme’s company; read scripts and provided extensive coverage, assisted with daily tasks, participated in development process. July 2016-September 2016.
• Manhattan (Season 2) – Lionsgate Television for WGN America; Production Secretary. Managed phones, schedules, script distribution, built crew list. March 2015-August 2015.
• Santa Fe University of Art and Design; Marketing intern; Santa Fe, New Mexico. Managed data and organized prospective student information, created comparative analyses of other schools, proofread most marketing materials before distribution, provided creative input on various concepts: posters, shirts, booklets, design concepts, etc.). June 2013-Feb. 2015.
• 12 FPS – Promotional videos for Creative Santa Fe; Four minute videos – approx. 2 minutes each, writer, 12 FPS. Skills learned: performing various rewrites in a timely manner according to client needs and budgetary/time constraints. Fall 2014.
• My script, Mister Stapleton, was chosen out of a university-wide pool to be part of the “Shoot The Stars!” initiative at Santa Fe University of Art and Design, which gives film students an opportunity to work together with name talent. Fall 2013.
• Assisted in the production of numerous student film shorts throughout my undergrad and graduate programs, usually in the capacity of sound; I also wrote, directed, and edited several of my own. Fall 2011-Spring 2015.
• Technical Proficiencies: Final Draft, Celtx, capable and efficient proofreader, organized, effective communication with peers, professionals, vendors.
Typically, a reference from a family member might be biased--this is not. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree--I was a Professor at Colorado State University for twenty years. I know the competencies required for a good teacher--love of subject, ability to convey knowledge, mentorship, rigor.
Baxter has these qualities and would make an excellent teacher. He has the ability to synthesize knowledge and information on a level understood by the student. He is passionate and detail driven.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Baxter Smith for your program.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$90||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$180||$200|