I prefer a very active and self-reflective teaching style. Students shouldn't just be given answers, but led along the logical steps that lead to the correct solution. I accomplish this through an effective combination of leading questions and communication of the basic information necessary to reach a solution. All this is done in a laid-back, conversational style—I'm here to help, not intimidate!
I am a freshman at MIT majoring in Chemistry and Biology and minoring in Computer Science. Two years of (paid) experience tutoring 3rd-12th grade students on mathematics. I have extensive programming experience due to my two years working as a Staff Research Associate at the UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy on various computational biology research projects. I received 5s on all my AP exams (including but not limited to Biology, Environmental Science, Chemistry, Physics C Mechanics, Calculus AB & BC) and a 1590 on the SAT.
CURRENTLY NOT OFFERING IN-PERSON TUTORING! Will resume once I'm fully vaccinated (~1 month). Travel cost may scale with distance. I only have access to a bike and public transport, so keep that in mind. Pricing for bundles + long term students are flexible!
• Sinskey Lab @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology — Cambridge, MA
UROP Student Intern: February 2021–Present
- Independently carried out cell culture maintenance on several HEK 293 human cell lines
- Performed cell counts and metabolite analysis from Erbi and miniBio bioreactors
- Carried out nanodrop, ddPCR, qPCR, and ELISA assays for DNA and protein quantification
• Mathnasium of Mission Gorge — Santee, CA
Instructor: August 2019–Present
- Teaches students of all ages (2nd
-12th grade) topics ranging from single-digit addition to singlevariable calculus
- Effectively leverages online teaching platforms to perform engaging remote instruction
• Kufareva Lab @ UCSD Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences — La Jolla, CA
Staff Research Associate: October 2019–December 2020
Volunteer: July 2018–August 2018, February 2019–October 2019
- Analyzed protein structure using the MolSoft ICM protein modeling suite, implementing a new
method of protein binding pocket similarity scoring in ICMScript
- Wrote toolkit to validate, process, and visualize Boolean models of cell signaling networks using
Python and R; manuscript currently in preparation
- Performed normalization, analysis, and visualization of tandem-mass-tag MS2
data using R
- Learned and performed tissue culture, PCR, and Gibson cloning methods
basic computer lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest computer programming lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, computer languages lessons for all!
Taking python lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$50||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||$225||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||$425||$400|