Masters in Chemical Engineering from University of Oklahoma (1990).
Bachelor of Chemical Engineering from NED University of Engineering and Technology in Pakistan (1982).
Professional Certified Trainer for Project Management, Quality Assurance and Management Systems, Productivity Improvements, Total Quality Management (TQM) ISO 9001,14000,18000, Environmental Safety and Legal Compliance etc.
I am a chemical engineer with masters degree from University of Oklahoma. I have extensive experience (25+ yrs) in engineering, Research and Development, supply chain development, manufacturing, etc for skin care products, cosmetics, oil & petrochemical projects.
I used to be teaching assistant for chemical engineering subjects (chemistry, mathematics, thermodynamics, Instrumentation and Process Control etc)
Summary of Qualifications:
• Result-oriented, energetic, hands-on professional with 25 yeas extensive global experience in supply chain (manufacturing, planning, procurement ) and Innovation & Development specially in Personal and Homecare Products with Unilever - one of world’s biggest FMCG.
• Successfully many led global Projects and Teams requiring strong leadership, interpersonal skills and passion to win.
• Successful record of accomplishments in the Supply Chain (manufacturing, Development, supply management), process engineering and new technology development in personal care business. Fully conversant with FDA cGMP, European and China cGMP Laws and Practices.
Strong Interpersonal Skills.
Strategic Business Planning for innovations and supply chain
Supply Chain Development
Manufacturing Operations Excellence
Global Auditor for quality and environmental safety of manufacturing sites.
SAP, Ariba, Interspec, MS Office, Statistical tools
R&D and Innovation Development
Strong Interpersonal Skills.
Attention to detail
Team Building and Leadership
Key Professional Achievements
• Won the Unilever Pakistan Gold Medal for the successful development and Launch of new break-through Hair care Products increasing the market share by 100%.
• Led major cross functional global cost saving projects of $ 20 -25 Mn.
• Development of a comprehensive resource vs Global R&D projects program which led to change in focus on “Bigger, Better and Faster Innovation Projects” -. (2010 -China)
• Successful on time build-up of Deodorants Supply Chain Capability for Unilever China new business in deodorants. (2011
• Led and built R&D capability (human & Technology) in measurement sciences to provide critical capability to hair design, claims and appraisal and new technology development teams for product development. (2010-2011 -China)
• Led the Indirect and Engineering procurement of Foods, Beverages and Personal Care businesses and Equipment - $30.0 Mn. (2008- Pakistan).
• Led the development of 25 new products (formulation, process, plant design, commercial production) in personal care (2002-2005-Uninlever Pakistan)
• Led and Developed manufacturing Excellence for multiproduct operation (250 people) capabilities for 40 new home and personal care products (1996 -2002- Unilever Pakistan)
Aug’12 – Feb’15: GM - R&D, QA and SHE – ZIL Ltd (Pakistan)
• Led the strategic development of new innovations in Personal and Skincare products for the business.
• Leading the development operation of Skin and Personal care products (Discover, design, development & deployment) for a business worth Euros 50.0 Mn.
• Led Innovations and New Product Development, QA and Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) operation to build world class quality products mindset within the entire operation through internal awareness.
• Developed and Led Health, Safety and Environment Program for the company.
Dec’09 – July’ 12: Senior Manager – Materials, Appraisals and Measurements, Deodorants
Unilever China R&D Centre –Shanghai-China
• Led the program to build world Class Measurement and Materials Capabilities for in Shanghai.
Centre in Shanghai-China – A critical capability to build new product claims relevant to consumer insights.
• Leading a team of specialists to build technical support for product claims for Unilever Global Brands in Personal Care.
• Lead the activities to develop new capabilities for support to new claims and insights for existing and new innovative products.
• Responsible for developing and leading Global Materials and Cost Saving Program Projects in Hair Care.
• Leading global projects on alternate materials and VIP projects worth $ 25.0 Mn.
• Successful build-up of DeodorantsOs SC manufacturing capability at a 3P with compliance with all GMPs.
Jan’05 – Dec’09 Supply Manager- Engineering and Indirects - Unilever Pakistan Ltd
• Led the Indirects Procurement worth US $ 60.0 Mn involving projects buying, new 3P development, contracts/services, marketing and promotional activities, 7 manufacturing sites and miscellaneous items for the entire company.
• Developed and led the processes simplification program to lead 30% time reduction, faster and efficient processes for marketing activation, and engineering procurement for factory operations.
• Developed and implemented the sourcing strategy for the capacity expansion projects worth US$ 18.0 Mn for Ice Cream plant, HPC plant and 3Ps to meet next 5 yrs
• Developed and led a structured multifunctional cost saving program Euro 7.0 Mn in 3yrs.
April’02 – Dec’04 Product Development Manager – Hair & Oral Care Products: Unilever Pakistan
• Led the breakthrough development of “Low cost shampoo” project - now a major business
• Led the development of 25 new products, processes, alternate raw materials, and suppliers.
1996 – 2002 Manufacturing Operations Manager – Personal Products, Detergents Unilever Pakistan Ltd
1993 – 1996 Assistant Development/Operations Manager – Soaps & Detergents & Sulphonation – Unilever Pakistan Ltd
1991 – 1993 Process Engineer – Imperial Holly Corporation (USA)
1982 – 1986 Junior Manager – Process Operations and Projects – Unilever Pakistan Ltd
• Evaporation and Distillation Plant for Soaps (1985)
• Molasses Desugarisation Plant – 1992 (Imperial Holly –USA)
• Manufacturing Capacity Build-up for Personal and Skin care (1996 -2000)
• Technical Project Leader for launch / re-launch of 25 new products in Personal & skin care.
• Project Team member for capacity expansion in Foods, Detergents, Cold Chain and Personal Care
• Various Cost Saving Projects worth more than $20.0 Mn
• Supply Chain Technology Development for Deodorants and Aerosols Business in China
1987 – 1989 MS in Chemical Engineering from University of Oklahoma – USA
1982 Bachelor of Chemical Engineering from NED University of Engineering & Technology.- Pakistan.
MS office, MS Project Management, IBM Gratitude Global Resource Management Software, SIEMES - Interspec for Global Specifications Management, SAP Procurement and R&D,
Training & Courses:
• Global Environmental Lead Safety Auditor for Unilever.
• Project Management (Intermediate and advanced).
• Unilever Global Sustainability and Open Innovation
• Operational Excellence in FMCG Supply Chain
• Finance for Non-financial Manager
• Supply Chain Management
• Personal Care Products (UK, Thailand, China, Singapore)
• Sulphonation Technology and Plant operations
• Global & Regional Buyers Course (UK and
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, engineering lessons for all!
Taking physics - chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$90||Not available|