I give art lessons in different styles and genres to all ages. I start with showing how to do the skill being taught (with examples), and then we work together, each working on their individual project or drawing. Individual style and exploration is always encouraged.
Lessons are relaxed and fun, and questions are always welcome!
I have been an educator and tutor for over 25 years, helping students to understand and achieve success in a variety of subjects. As an artist, I have done a variety of drawings and paintings with various media, including paper-mache' sculpture for ballet costumes as well.
Grade Potential Tutoring - 2019 - Present
* Personal Tutor in Math, Sciences, and Reading.
Varsity Tutors 2018 – Present (Subcontractor)
* Personal Tutor, accomplished teaching in multiple subjects including:
Math, Language Arts, and Reading Comprehension, and ESL (English Second Lang.)
Professional Tutor 2013 – 2019 *Ongoing (Self Employed)
* Creating a relaxed, enjoyable productive environment delivered within your preferred location, fostering a love of learning in Art for all ages (through adult), and Elementary Math, Sciences, Language Arts, and Reading Comprehension for through 8th grade.
Tutor Doctor (Tutor and Administration) 2013 – 2015
* Fostering a healthy learning environment tutoring in Elementary Math, Language Arts, and Science by meeting clients at location of choice, successfully resolving questions and misunderstandings.
* Team Teaching specialized classes at Brain Camp during Summer Broward Co. providing fun, interactive learning games, and the opportunity to grow in reading development and comprehension of reading, math, and sciences as well as Art for elementary through middle-school students.
University of Phoenix, AZ (BS)
Broward College FL (AA)
TESOL (120 hr. Certification)
CPR/BLS Cert. 2018
She is very reliable and a professional teacher .she has a lot of patience for kids.my daughter loves her.
I know Ruthann Carlson , because she tutored my granddaughter in math, during this pass school year 2019-2020. She is very good, meaning my granddaughter excelled quickly with the style Ruthann uses, my granddaughter didn't feel stressed about learning, because Ruthann made it feel so simple,by breaking it down to the simplest form, and she had fun learning. My granddaughter is always happy to see her. She cares about her students learning and is very patient, and that means a lot to me, because I am very hard to please when it comes to someone caring/teaching my child. Ruthann is the best!!!!
I recommend Ruthann because she will get your student to the highest level in a timely manner, while making it FUN, and that's important for the student and the parent.
P.S. My granddaughter went from an F to a B in math in a short time, once Ruthann started to tutor her.
Ms. P. Robinson
Ruthann is creative, patient and knowledgeable in her subject area, especially with younger kids.
She was able to successfully help students build confidence through supplemental lessons that helped them perform better in the classroom.
One of the greatest teachers I’ve ever had! She is caring, compassionate, and hardworking. She makes sure the student is caught up and understand the material well. Her tips and tricks for memorization and other skills are incredible! She is amazing!
drawing lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$35|