- I tutor students 16 years and older. You're never too old to learn a new language! :-)
- Students need to have at least one year of basic English experience.
- I structure lessons that individual students feel best fits their needs. Conversational, Structured Grammar, Reading Comprehension, and Book Club Discussion are just some of my most popular forms of classes.
- I like to teach with humor and I'm comfortable using any subject that might hold a student's interest.
- I have been tutoring teenagers and adults in ESL for 3 years.
- Through online classes, I've been honored to have taught over 500 students from China, Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea.
- My students have been able to earned job promotions to positions requiring English.
- Some of my students have also sat for and passed the TOEFL exam.
- Students must cancel no later than 8 hours before the scheduled start of the lesson.
- Group lessons taught at hourly rate per student.
- B.A.s in Dramatic Arts and Human Physiology - U.C. Berkeley 1981-1986
- Studied American Standard Stage English at U.C. Berkeley with Deborah Sussel of the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, CA.
- Trained in Shakespearian acting at U.C. Berkeley with Martin Berman of the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, CA
- Certified to teach TEFL/TEFOL May 2016
- Tutor with iTutorGroup for 3 years
- Worked at Apple Computer, FileMaker, The Walt Disney Studios, and Warner Bros., among others, creating interactive tutorials and presentations
- Have also tutored Adult Literacy and General Education Diploma students through the Simi Valley Library, Simi Valley, CA
Jim‘s been teaching English for about three years. He’s always told me how much he enjoys helping people and talking with students from China and Japan. Now that he’s going independent I think a lot more people will enjoy his enthusiasm and creativity. I’ve known him almost 40 years since we met at UC Berkeley, and he’s always been extremely bright and dedicated.
Jim's a good guy who I have known for almost 30 years. He has successfully taught ESL online to adults previously. He has a variety of experience working at Disney and other companies. He is creative and imaginative with a good sense of humor.
Jim is meticulous in nearly every way which makes him really good at teaching. He is college educated and cultured. Jim goes out of his way to be helpful. I have known him for many years now, and he has consistently spent his time creating games which require an advanced command of the English language, and also teaching English online.
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$45||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$215||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$435||$250|