My teaching approach is about sharing the (a) why of a new topic, (b) connecting the topic to prior topics, (c) demonstrating key techniques, (d) asking students to try on their own, (e) providing feedback on student work, and (f) focusing, with the student, on more practice.
I am a former naval officer with teaching experience at the Naval Academy, Naval Academy Preparatory School, and also in Charlotte Mecklenburg schools. I also served as Leadership Development consultant in 2 tech companies and currently mentor students in CMS.
MARK NICHOLSON, D.M.
Cell: (concealed information)
High-energy, service-oriented leader who combines a strategic approach to organizational issues with a bias toward action and “getting stuff done.” A team building and team-oriented individual who brings creativity, critical thinking, and an ability to see beyond corners and drive results.
• Client and other person focused
• Systems-Thinker • Always Learning
• Problem Solver
--------------------- SELECTED NON-MILITARY EXPERIENCES
VOLUNTEER IN CHARLOTTE NON FOR PROFITS
• Families Forward Charlotte – Serve as a Liaison Partner mentoring a family whose goal is to move from poverty to stability
• North Carolina Youth Coalition – Mentor and support first generation to college students with the college admissions process
• Communities in School – Serve as a Success Coach, mentoring and guiding students at MLK Middle School (Title 1 School)
CHARLOTTE MECKLENBURG SCHOOLS
Teacher/Student Teacher 06/2019 to 09/2019
• Math I Student Teacher at West Charlotte High School. Recognized by program for brining energy and passion to every session
• 7th Grade Math Teacher at Eastway Middle School (Title 1 School)
San Diego, CA
Leadership Development Consultant/Manager 05/2007 to 02/2019
• Created the company’s leadership development vision, strategy, and framework
• Designed, developed, and facilitated leadership development interventions (on and off the job), coaching, assessments.
• Engaged and contracted with vendors globally.
• Traveled to and worked with leaders in 30 countries across six continents
Training Program Manager / Learning Consultant 12/1996 to 11/2006
• Managed the Learning Portfolio (technical, sales, services, interpersonal skills) for the Payment Solutions Business Unit
• Internally developed and managed vendors in leadership development solutions that included executive level, first level, assessment, coaching, and workshop-based interventions.
----------- SELECTED ACTIVE DUTY AND RESERVE NAVAL JOB EXPERIENCES
COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF, U.S. ATLANTIC FLEET
Strategic Planning Division (N8) Staff Officer 03/1994 to 02/2003
• Researched, analyzed, wrote, and presented findings on a range reserve personnel issues. Findings presented to executive level (Flag) audiences
U.S. NAVAL ACADEMY PREPARATORY SCHOOL
Various 11/1989 – 03/1992
• Company Officer: Led and responsible for the performance of 110 midshipmen candidates
• Calculus Instructor: Taught 3 sections of Calculus I
• Summer Orientation Program Manager: Responsible for managing the 30-day indoctrination program for the 330 midshipmen candidates
UNITED STATES NAVAL ACADEMY
Leadership & Seamanship Instructor 08/1987 to 10/1989
• Taught seamanship and leadership classes to midshipmen
• Officer-in-Charge of the Academy’s Yard Patrol Squadron, the extracurricular focused on seamanship and navigation
San Diego, CA
Division Officer 11/1983 to 07/1987
• Led the 50-member Main Propulsion Division and 20-person Communications Division
• Qualified as a Surface Warfare Officer (SWO)
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
DOCTOR OF MANAGEMENT (2009)
University of Phoenix – Phoenix, AZ
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (1992)
University of Rhode Island – Kingston, RI
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (1983)
U.S. Naval Academy – Annapolis, MD
*Organizational Development* Leadership & Management Development* T&D General Management* Teaching* Vendor Management* Needs Analysis* Program Design*, Implementation*, Evaluation* Virtual Synchronous & Asynchronous Development* Project Management* Change Management* Individual & Multi-Rater Assessment* Coaching* Culture/Climate Change* Global* Blogger* DDI Certified* MBTI Certified* PDI Certified* Hay Certified* MindGym Certified * Cross-Cultural* Learning Agility * Engagement, Commitment, Experience* Teams* Creativity*
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|