I teach undergraduate students in the general chemistry laboratory course. I have prelab talk explaining the background of the theory and the techniques used. I told weekly office hours and attend a training session. I usually cater to everyone's need by answering questions, explaining concepts in a simple manner, and relating it to class material learned.
I am a neuroscience/biology student that took general and organic chemistry. I have been teaching general chemistry laboratory as a teaching assistant for 2 years. I have taught about 15-20 students the basic skills of chemistry laboratory techniques while explaining the concepts behind it.
Brandeis University, Waltham, MA Expected May 2021
Courses: Genetics and Genomics, Cells and Organisms, General Chemistry I/II, General Chemistry Laboratory I/II, Organic Chemistry I/II, Organic Chemistry Laboratory I/II General, Biology Laboratory I/II, Introduction to Physics I, Introduction to Physics Lab I, Calculus I, Biostatistics, Principles of Neuroscience
The Beacon School, New York, NY Graduated June 2017
Courses: AP Chemistry, AP Calculus AB
Hunter College College Now Summer 2015 – Spring 2016
Courses: Human Biology 125, Principles of Epidemiology, General Chemistry 100/101
Posse Foundation Full-Tuition Leadership Scholarship (2017-2021)
Bronx Dominican Day Parade Scholarship (2017)
NYC Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Scholarship (2017)
Brandeis University SSSP, Waltham, MA January 2020 – Present
• Hold weekly, individual tutoring sessions on intermediate French speaking, writing, listening, and reading skills
• Provide feedback on study and test taking techniques
Brandeis University Chemistry Department, Waltham, MA January 2019 – Present
General Chemistry Laboratory Teaching Assistant
• Inform introductory chemistry students on basic chemistry laboratory techniques, equipment, and experiments.
• Educate and improve learning of chemistry skills through office hours and pre-lab talks.
• Assist the chemistry professor in grading lab reports and provide feedback to students.
Lang Youth Medical Program, New York, NY July 2019
• Informed and advised 12 rising 9th graders interested in medicine on common health/medical professions.
• Formed creative lesson plans along with a co-advisor.
• Supervised medical rotations, campus field trips, and a final poster presentation that the students participated in.
Office of Dean of Arts & Sciences, Waltham, MA January 2018 – May 2019
Office Assistant for Brandeis University
• Organized and updated paperwork and spreadsheets for UDRs, BPA, and other departments.
• Created edits using Cascade CMS to the university’s website for the office and the programs, keeping contact and award recipient information up to date for visitors.
Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY July 2017 – August 2017
Administrative Assistant for HR/Faculty Affairs in the College of Dental Medicine
• Organized paperwork into online filing systems to prepare over 200 personnel files for an annual departmental audit in 6 weeks.
• Maintained and updated files, allowing for a more productive work environment.
Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY July 2016 – August 2016
Neonatology Administrative Assistant in Morgan Stanley’s Children’s Hospital
• Enhanced office efficiency by organizing paperwork and responsibly maintaining confidential files.
• Fostered child literacy and neighborhood community by participating in a twice-a-week reading program for 20 children that attended a nearby clinic.
Columbia University, New York, NY June 2015 – September 2015
Intern for the Developmental Affective Neuroscience Lab
• Developed flyers and business cards for the lab promoting participation in vital child and adolescent neuroscience studies, resulting in 40 new patients.
• Processed confidential paperwork for study patients.
Co-Secretary, Brandeis Minority Association of Pre-Medical Students Chapter (2018-2020)
Member, Beacon Cross Country/Track Team (2016-2017)
Member, Senior Committee (2016-2017)
Member, Yearbook (2016-2017)
Member, Medical Club (2015-2016)
NHA Certified EKG Technician; Adult, Pediatrics and Infant CPR/AED/First Aid Certified; Cascade CMS Web Editing; Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Native tongue in Spanish; Intermediate speaker of French
chemistry lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$12|