I work with high school students and tailor my approach to advising to their specific needs, and interests. I focus on building skills of my clients, and helping them understand the "why" behind the approach, so they benefit from knowledge of the process, as well as its outcome. When I tutor, I believe personalization is key. I create custom quizzes for my students to ensure they thoroughly understand the material, especially that which was difficult to grasp initially.
I am one of twenty students in my year nationwide in the prestigious Honors Program in Medical Education. I have 2 years support teaching experience w/high school students; I also have admission consulting, tutoring, and camp activity facilitator experiences with students, and designed a summer reading challenge experience for kids of diverse age ranges.
89 Fruitledge Road, Glen Head, NY 11545 •(concealed information) • (concealed information)
*Clinically focused researcher with extensive data analysis experience * Self starter driven to create impactful initiatives across diverse disciplines*
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL Sept 2015 – June 2018
Philosophy B.A.; GPA: 3.75; Kaplan Scholar
Honors Program in Medical Education (HPME) BA/MD
Université Paul Valery (Montpellier III), Montpellier, France July 2016 – Aug 2016
University of Minnesota study abroad: 6 week intensive French language program; B2 level placement
Locust Valley High School, Locust Valley, NY Sept 2011 - 2015
Class of 2015 Salutatorian; IB Diploma
Standardized Test Scores
SAT: 2330 (superscored, two sittings); M: 770; CR: 760; W: 800
Subject Tests: Chemistry: 780; Math: 800
Coach, PremedHQ - BS/MD admissions consulting May 2018 – present
Support Teacher, 9th and 10th grade, Community Center Sept 2016 – June 2018
Co-Founder & Lead Trainer, Summer Reading Challenge, Community Center June 2017 – August 2018
• Co-led design and implementation of summer reading program in one religious center, for children birth to 18, read 600+ hours
• Recruited, trained, and managed a team of 18+ youth volunteers in running program operations – e.g., registering new participants, checking-in hours, serving on management for end of program event
• Facilitated expansion of program to three religious centers during summer 2018 via recruitment and training of 10+ center leads
Founder/Executive Director/Volunteer Coach, Globe Talk Inc. Sept 2016 - present
• Built, and currently manages 501c3 nonprofit; led team through company pivot from cross-cultural connections to matchmaking high school students to volunteer opportunities based on interests and desired areas of growth
• Chosen for Wildfire summer pre-accelerator, at the Garage, Northwestern’s entrepreneurial incubator – with 10K in funding
• Works with high school students directly in small group and one-on-one interactions to provide personalized volunteer matches
Curriculum Specialist, Programming Task Force Member, Spring Quarter Mentor, Supplies for Dreams Oct 2015 - 2016
• Constructed curriculum for mentoring programs across four Chicago Public Schools and collaborated with Task Force members to identify organizational values, propose program changes, and lay the foundation for nonprofit expansion.
Medical & Leadership Experience
Pediatric NICU Research Intern, Feinberg School of Medicine April 2017 - Dec 2017
• Edited and proofread content, managed and filtered photos, and created original visual content through development and launch of NICU2Home, an app designed to meet changing information needs of parents in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
• Designed and proposed new features for app to enhance user experience, such as parent quote inclusion in article content to strengthen sense of belonging/community; subsequently interviewed NICU parents for content acquisition
Cardiac MRI Researcher, Core Lab, Feinberg School of Medicine Feb 2016 - April 2017
• Designed all aspects of study on correlation between heart wall function and extracellular volume for 60+ scleroderma patients
• Extracted patient data from EPIC, determined inclusion/exclusion criteria, conducted FT strain analysis and Medis measurements
Cardiac Research Intern, St. Francis Hospital June 2013 – Feb 2017
• Analyzed cardiac MRI images of feature tracking (FT), DENSE, and HARP to calculate strain, Medis to calculate wall stress, and MOLLI to determine extracellular volume in study aimed at validating a non-invasive index of heart wall function.
• Conducted linear regressions, t-tests, ANOVA, in Excel and helped recruit on group and individual scale
• Presented four first-author abstracts at 2014, 2016, and 2017 Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR) Conference, and 2015 International SCMR/EuroCMR Joint Meeting
Founding Member & Co-President, Ethics Bowl Oct 2015 – April 2017
• As 2016-17 Co-President, increased membership by 75%; trained and led team members to qualify for and compete in APPE National Intercollegiate Ethics Bowl Tournament for second year in a row
• Separately collaborated with Undergraduate Philosophy Society leadership to organize religious and toleration conference examining rules used to interpret scriptural text across diverse religious traditions.
Member, Girl Scouts 2003 - 2015
• Founded district-wide tutoring infrastructure in high school for Gold Award project; subsequently interviewed on national television for WNET’s American Graduate Day program, a live broadcast focused on nation’s high school dropout crisis
• National Merit Scholar, 2015
• Gold Presidential Service Award, 2012, 2015, Grade 9, 12
• Shapiro-McCormick Young Woman Leader Award & $1,000 grant, 2014
• New York State Winner: NASSP $1,500 National Honor Society Scholarship, 2015
• Undergraduate Language Grant, 2016
• Kaplan Scholar, 2016
• Oral Abstract Presenter, Northwestern Undergraduate Research Expo, 2017
• HPME Summer Research Grant Award, 2017
Merchant, T., Janosevic, D., Jayam, M., Kadiyala, M., Pollack, S., Cao, J. J., & Reichek, N. (2014). Myocardial contractility indices based on strain imaging. Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, 16(Suppl 1), P333. (concealed information) 429X-16-S1- P333
Merchant, T., Reichek, N., Barasch, E., Kadiyala, M., Jayam, M., Pollack, S., Cao, J. J., & Young, A. (2015). Myocardial contractility and afterload in aortic stenosis. Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, 17(Suppl 1), P371. (concealed information) 429X-17-S1-P371 Merchant, T., Reichek, N., Kadiyala, M., Gliganic, K., & Young, A. (2016). Physiologic assessment of CMR strain: Afterload and contractility. Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, 18(Suppl 1), P48. doi:10.1186/1532-429x-18-s1- p48
Reichek, N., Janosevic, D., Jayam, M., Merchant, T., Kadiyala, M., Pollack, S., & Cao, J. J. (2014). Afterload quantitation for evaluation of myocardial strain. Journal of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, 16(Suppl 1), P320. (concealed information) 429X-16-S1-P320
algebra lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking college / university preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$50|