I use audio-visual aids, animation etc. to clarify abstruse concepts and use problem-solving strategies, to build up creative and analytical skills. I encourage group discussions and problem-solving through peer interactions. This encourages my students to ask questions freely without any iota of doubt in understanding the content.
I teach physics to High Schoolers, Undergrads & test prep for MCAT, physics GRE, GRE Math etc. I have had several successful students who have become doctors, engineers, physicists etc.
I am a researcher in Nuclear Physics at Wayne State University. I have a PhD in Physics from the University of Kentucky with a GPA of 3.7. Here as a TA I had average evaluation ratings of 3.5 (out of 4). I have 10+ years of teaching undergrads and high schoolers. Most of my students had great MCAT scores, Physics GRE scores and done very well in undergrad Physics.
Education: PhD Physics, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA, May 2015
M.S. Physics, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, 2010
M.Sc. Physics University of North Bengal, 1994
B.Sc. Physics Hons., University of North Bengal, 1992
Research Experience: Postdocotoral on the STAR experiment at Brookhaven National lab (BNL), Upton, NY.
International Postdoc Fellowship in the Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN) in Pisa, Italy. Mainly focused on ‘The Muon g-2 experiment’ at Fermilab (FNAL) Batavia, IL.
PhD – MUSUN Experiment runs at PSI (Zurich) Switzerland.
Teaching Experience: Teaching Assistant University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, 2007-’09
• Excelled in teaching recitations and laboratories of General University Physics. • Average evaluation rating of 3.5 (out of 4.0)
Senior Executive - Academics (Physics) Career Launcher, New Delhi 2005-’07
• Leading the Physics team in Content Development and web based learning tools
• Teaching Mathematics and logical reasoning (of BBA, LAW, MBA etc. entrance exams) and high
school Physics (grades 11th & 12th)
Senior Faculty (Physics and Computer Science) NIIT Ltd. New Delhi, 1999-’05
• Teaching Mathematics, Physics and Computer Science of M.S. / B.S. (Information Technology)/ Integrated B.S.(IT) students of Punjab Technical University.
• Conduct training for Corporate Groups and Junior Faculties in C, C++, Java. Post Graduate Teacher (Physics) Public Schools in Bombay & Calcutta, 1994-’99
• Teaching Mathematics and Physics from grades 9th to 12th .
• Certificate in Oracle 8 and Developer 2000 from Boston’s Computer Institute.
• IBM Certification for Sun Java Certified Programmer.
• CourseEra: Python Programming: A Concise Introduction - Wesleyan University
Achievements: • Winner of Graduate School Student Travel Fund (University of Kentucky) to present a talk at the 4th Joint Meeting of the APS Division of Nuclear Physics and the Physical Society of Japan.
• Winner of Huffaker Travel Scholarships to participate in the NNPSS, 2014 at the College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA.
• Winner of INFN Post-doctoral fellowship in experimental physics, Roma2, Italy for two years (Sept. 2015 to Sept. 2017).
Media Appearance: Talk on All India Radio in a show called Science Corner. Topic: ’ABSOLUTE ZERO’ a talk on superconductivity. Date: 10th Jun ‘97.
Results of our experiment (Muon g-2) published in:
New York Times.
Link: (concealed information)
WTTW- Chicago Tonight.
Link: (concealed information)
The Fat, Wobbly, Nuisance of a Particle That Could Change How We Understand the Universe
What exactly happened in the physics world this week?
Muons: 'Strong' evidence found for a new force of nature. Link: (concealed information)
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$20||Not available||$15|