My teaching approach is based on finding and linking points of interest among students to instruction material and incorporating catchy stories and parables that extrapolate on the materials and ideas taught. Finding common ground between material and students' lives.
I am a freelance/ghost writer currently editing a novel series with a partner as we position it for publication. I am also a former English Teacher who taught in China. I have a B.A. in English and attended law school.
Cancellation Policy: Student or Teacher can cancel lesson with at least 24 hour notice.
To commence meaningful, creative work in writing and editing, teaching, communications, or information technology with an organization committed to helping people and planet.
JAN. 2009 – PRESENT Freelance Writer
Akron, OH San Francisco, CA Juneau, AK
* Wrote a screenplay. * Co-wrote two novels, ghostwriting assignments.
* Wrote web content per assignment. * All works are currently being marketed or pitched.
DEC. 2019 – JUL. 2020 Foreign English Teacher, American Eagle Institute, Tianjin, PRC
* Prepared daily lesson plans. * Taught young students ranging 3 – 7 years.
* Provided English instruction in class. * Provided feedback to parents re: student progress.
MAY 2019 – OCT. 2019 Night Auditor, hotel operations
SEP. 2020 – DEC. 2020 The Alaskan Hotel
167 S. Franklin Street, Juneau, AK 99801
* Perform night audit and reports pertaining to all hotel operations.
* Building walk-through, answer questions, assist guests.
JUL. 2005 – DEC. 2008 Reporting & Data Analyst
435 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA 94104
* Performed daily financial reconciliation, and distributed reports, concerning all web and catalog based software orders. Tracked daily averages against budget projections across a variety of components and standards.
* Created and disbursed weekly and monthly financial distribution reports to TechSoup vendor partners regarding their product donations. Created spreadsheets and various reports to track those distributions internally. Answered vendor partner questions concerning reports, program data, and issues related to financial and product information.
* Worked with DBAs, business analysts, and data users to implement the Business Objects reporting platform. Worked with DBAs and business analysts to create various external and internal reports. Worked with DBAs relating to issues and questions regarding SQL queries and table relationships.
* Analyzed website operations, business policy for refinements in operations and efficiency.
JUN. 2002 – JUL. 2005 Editor, IT Consultant, & Freelance Writer
Newtopia Magazine (Online)
Akron, OH Palo Alto
* Published articles, online and in print, on a freelance basis related to health, social, and political issues. Wrote for and became a features editor with Newtopia Magazine (online).
MAR. 2000 – JUN. 2002 Operations Analyst, IT, PBM
8536 Crow Drive, Macedonia, OH 44056
* Executed financial and prescription plan utilization reports, verified data integrity and format, disbursed to clients. Assisted DBA and business analysts with query issues. Extracted raw data into formatted files.
* Assessed reporting operations for efficiency and timeliness. Compiled, edited, and maintained an IT technical procedure manual. Worked with others in the IT department to automate tasks, perform daily tape backups, and train organization PC users.
* Reformatted and loaded prescription benefit membership files from private and state clients for PBM operations.
JUN. 1998 – MAR. 2000 Customer Service Representative/ PBM claims Analyst
Web/MD, 1944 Case Pkwy, North, Twinsburg, OH 44087
* Assisted pharmacists, technicians, and prescription cardholders with questions about plan limitations and problems with the adjudication of electronic prescription claims.
AUG. 1997 – JAN. 1999 Pursued J.D. (44 Credit Hours)
The University of Akron College of Law
150 University Avenue, Akron, OH 44325
JAN. 1994 – JAN. 1997 B.A., English
Minors include Pre-law, Political Science, & Linguistics
The University of Akron
302 Buchtel Mall, Akron, OH 44325
MAR. 1992 – JUN. 1993 Department of Defense Certificate, Arabic linguist.
The Defense Language Institute, Presidio of Monterey
1759 Lewis Road, Presidio of Monterey, Monterey, CA 93944
NOV. 1991 – DEC. 1993 U.S. Army, Active Duty
* Honorable Discharge. National Defense Service Ribbon.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$21|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$105|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$210|