I am able to teach history to either students or history enthusiasts. You might be doing your GCSE or A Level history exams and need some further help with the topics that you are covering or with writing essays. Alternatively, you might be passionate about history and keen to learn more about certain periods in history, topics of history or history in general.
I am a student at the University of Leeds and I am studying History and French. Although I have never given History lessons online, I am passionate about the subject and I am keen to share my knowledge and enthusiasm with other people.
I do have experience in the private tutoring sector. I gave private Spanish lessons during my gap year in 2017. During this time, I taught three students. Their level of Spanish varied; one student was at a beginner level and another student was at an advanced level. I helped them practice and improve their grammar skills, reading, writing and oral comprehension and/or conversational skills. The students that I taught were not practicing Spanish with the intention to pass a test but rather out of personal interest. They noticed that their level of Spanish had improved with the lessons and thanked me for this.
In addition, in 2018 I volunteered as an English teacher in a primary school in Cusco, Peru. I taught children aged 3-10 years, and sometimes the classes involved around thirty-or-so students. I practiced my ability to plan, prepare and give classes.
I am currently tutoring a 7 year old boy Literacy and Numeracy. I go through powerpoint slides, videos and various activities to make sure that he learns as much as possible in the hour that we do each morning.
I am keen to combine all of the skills that I have learnt from tutoring Spanish, Literacy and Numeracy in order to produce and give professional and dense history lessons.
I am 21 years old and I am currently looking for a part-time job and work experience. I am a student at the University of Leeds reading History and French. I have shown myself to be a fast learner, hardworking and highly motivated. Furthermore, I am a good communicator in English, Spanish and French. I am keen to use these attributes to successfully fulfil the necessary tasks.
University of Leeds, Leeds (2018-2022):
First Year: 1:1
Badminton School, Bristol (2015-2017):
A Levels: History (A*), French (A), Politics (A), Spanish (A)
AS Levels: Philosophy and Religion (A)
Redland Green School, Bristol (2010-2015)
GCSEs: History (A*), French (A*), Spanish (A*), LVS (A*), Physics (A), Chemistry (A), English Literature (A), English Language (B), Biology (B) Mathematics (B), Geography (B), Physical Education (B)
Hotel Arraya, France (June-August 2019):
• Answering all phone calls
• Responding to hotel and restaurant reservations
• Sorting and distributing post
• Keeping the reception tidy area
• Completing the hotel’s financial records on a daily basis
• Dealing with all customer queries
• Providing information about the tourist attractions in the village and the hotel’s history
Private tutoring (2017):
• One-to-one and group classes teaching Spanish
• Practicing my adaptability by planning each lesson to meet the interests of the student
• Practicing my organisational skills by preparing each lesson to a high level in advance
• Helping students improve their grammar skills, written, reading and oral comprehension and/or conversational skills
Noah’s Ark Pre School, Bristol (July 2014):
• Learnt how to work with children aged 2-5 years
• Organised events, games and outings
• Worked and communicated with peers
• Developed individual interests and experiences
SKILLS, ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS:
• Bilingual Spanish speaker
• Confident French speaker having completed a two-week French summer course in Nice with the organisation Alpha B where I gained a B2 qualification
• Awarded joint first in the French languages debates in 2015 and awarded first prize in the Spanish Language Debates in 2014 and 2015
• Head Coordinator for the HOMED charity – responsible for leading the weekly ‘Sandwich runs’ in which sandwiches are handed out to homeless people around the City Centre of Leeds
• Proposer of Thanks in the BPWUK public speaking competition
• Participated in the BISMUN and the MUN public speaking programmes
• Student councillor 2016-2017 (Badminton school)
• Grade 5 Piano
• Grade 5 Speech and Drama (LAMDA)
• Member of the Kickboxing & Krav Maga Society at the University of Leeds
• Achieved the Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award (2014)
Marta is a GREAT tutor!!! Our conversations were super engaging - we talked about culture, film, art, sport. It really improved my speaking ability. Would 100% recommend.
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$21|