My teaching method is hands on with my students, walking step by step through problems and solutions to ensure that the student has retained the information learned. I am very laid back and willing to support students with their hectic schedules if need be.
I am a certified APICS CSCP holder; as well as a decorated Veteran, Eagle Scout and Vigil Honor recipient. I began my leadership experience while attending The Citadel, where I held leadership positions starting in my sophomore year until graduation, to include serving as the Vice-Chairman of our Honor Committee. Upon graduation, I accepted my commission in the U.S. Marine Corps and gained experience from leading troops in combat to managing United Automobile Workers (UAW) in aerospace manufacturing environments. I have dedicated my professional working experience towards being a diligent supply chain professional with a graduate degree in aerospace management and an executive MBA from a prestigious Big Ten University. I have developed my expertise in enterprise-wide supply chain management across several industries and sectors.
Rates are per student. First cancellation is free, subsequent cancellations will be charged in full if notice is less than 24 hours from appointment/meet time
Indiana University, Kelley School of Business- Indianapolis, Indiana
Adjunct Professor January 2017 – May 2018
Ranked one of the nation’s top business schools, in the heart of Indianapolis, IUPUI was recently ranked within the top 200 public universities and ranked seventh in the “up-and-coming” university in the nation.
• I taught the theoretical fundamentals of Operations & Supply Chain Management, which covers topics in efficiently and effectively running manufacturing and service-oriented firms. This experience lent me the opportunity to educate students in the development of competencies and core skills necessary to succeed in business.
Miebach Consulting, Inc. – Indianapolis, Indiana
Manager – May 2018 – Present
I joined Miebach Consulting to begin a career in consulting businesses within their supply chain & operations management functions. My role is responsible for customer-facing engagements, which include the facilitation and coaching of operational excellence throughout all levels of an organization. Whether serving as a project manager or supporting larger teams, my contribution directly leads to the bottom-line results of improving our clients supply chain performance.
• Previous roles held
• Fields of Competency:
Lean & Six Sigma / Continuous Improvement
Training & Coaching
Rolls-Royce North America Inc.- Indianapolis, Indiana
U.S. Defense Data Center Manager, Digital Jun 2013 – April 2018
I joined Rolls-Royce through our Graduate Leadership Development Program for Operations Management. In my last role with the organization, I served as the data manager for our Defense portfolio, overseeing the data integrity of our aftermarket materials management; in an effort to drive data accuracy and completeness in support of reliability longevity of our engines to remain on wing. I was accountable for (14) direct and indirect employees who served as Data Analysts and Administrators within the Indianapolis region, and worked with partners and suppliers globally. In addition to my regular duties, I served from time to time, as a special Project Team Captain or Manager to oversee million-dollar project transformations within our manufacturing environments.
• Previous roles held (most recent first):
• Supplier Development Leader
• Production Leader
• Manufacturing Business Improvement Lead/Quality Engineer- Aerospace/Marine (Ansty, UK).
• Material Resource Planning Controller (Make)
Hendrick Chevrolet Cadillac- Charlotte, North Carolina
Sales Consultant Aug 2012 – Apr 2013
Aircraft Service International Group (CLT) - Charlotte, North Carolina
Operations Manager Mar 2012 – Aug 2012
United States Marine Corps
Logistics Officer; Captain May 2008 – May 2012
Purdue University – West Lafayette, Indiana
Master of Business Administration (MBA); (May 2020)
Everglades University- Boca Raton, Florida
M.S., Aviation Science; (April 2013)
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina- Charleston, South Carolina
B.S., Business Administration; (May 2008)
PUBLICATIONS & PUBLIC SPEAKING EVENTS
• Jackson, J.A., & Vicknair, F.H., (2019, April). Eliminating Barriers to Your Continuous Improvement Efforts [Speech].
MHI – ProMat Conference, Chicago, IL. (concealed information)
• Jackson, J.A. (2018, September). Continuous Improvement: Your Journey from Junior Varsity to Pro Level. (concealed information)
MEMBERSHIPS & CERTIFICATIONS
• Zionsville Youth Soccer Association (ZYSA); Board Member (2019-Present)
• Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP); APICS-The Association of Supply Chain and Operations Management
• APICS-Central Indiana Chapter; Board Member (2016-2018)
• Lean Six Sigma Green & Yellow Belt Certification: Rolls-Royce plc.
• American Corporate Partners-Protégé
SKILLS & BACKGROUND
Supply Chain Management: I am well versed in the theoretical and practical application of OSCM in manufacturing and service-oriented environments. I have experience within the following functions in several industries: Procurement, Production Control, Sales, Logistics, Quality Control, Warehousing, Lean & Continuous Improvement, Change Management, Organizational Behavior.
Operations: Extensive consulting experience in manufacturing and service industries. Highly proficient in shop floor management, material resource planning / enterprise resource planning, production planning, project planning, change management training & coaching. I have led cross-functional teams with success and have served in managerial positions from manufacturing to airline & airport operations.
Software: R Software, Minitab, SAP, Microsoft Suite of Applications (to include Visio, Project).
• Professional Work in Ontario, Canada (2016); England, United Kingdom (2014), Montreal, Canada (2018-Present); Frankfurt, Germany (2020-Present)
• Deployed to Bagram, Afghanistan (2011)
business lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest management lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, human resources lessons for all!
Taking management and organization lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$12||$9|
|5 hours||Not available||$10||$45|
|10 hours||Not available||$10||$90|