I identity students' immediate need for help with English/language arts. I pair reading that captures their interest with strategies that will best explore their comprehensive skills and writing ability. Thinking and writing go very well together.
I specialize in reading, comprehension, and the writing process. I have three years of tutoring experience with all ages in both private sessions and classrooms. My students' grades have improved by up to 30% with individualized focus on their needs.
Jennifer L. Roseblade
• I am pursuing a position in higher education where my skills in critical and analytical thinking, reading and writing, and working well with others will benefit. I am a quick learner and think outside of the box. Excellent written and oral skills help me easily adapt to new environments.
MASTER’S | MAY 2018 | CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY DOMINGUEZ HILLS
• Major: English Literature
• Thesis title: A NEO-VICTORIAN APPROACH TO INSTITUIONALIZATION IN VICTORIAN ENGLAND: FICTIONAL AND NON-FICTIONAL REPRESENTATIONS OF WRONGLY INSTITUIONALIZED WOMEN
BACHELOR’S | MAY 2014 | CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY DOMINGUEZ HILLS
• Major: English Literature
• Related coursework: American literature, British Literature, World literature, Latino literature, Poetry
Skills & Abilities
• Thinks things all the way through to foresee possible dilemmas. Understands the paradox of having a sense of urgency while also being patient. Organized and focused. Strong critical thinking.
• Excellent communication skills. A people person who sees communication as an incorporation of language and culture. Both agrees and disagrees with diplomacy. Strong skillset in reading and writing processes.
• Assumed the role of Vice President of the English Graduate Association 2016-2017. Led fundraisers, chaired the English Language Conference, helped lead a campus symposium and other events.
• Awarded the Doris I. Walker “Trailblazer” Scholarship (2016) which helped with thesis research.
PRIVATE TUTOR | SELF-EMPLOYED | JUNE 2017 – DECEMBER 2017
• Tutored students in language arts.
ENGLISH TUTOR | NCLB PROGRAM | JANUARY 2016 – MAY 2016
• Worked with students severely behind in English and Language Arts with significant improvement.
PROFESSOR’S ASSISTANT | CSU DOMINGUEZ HILLS | JANUARY 2017 – MAY 2017
• Graded student essays and seminar papers.
INSTRUCTOR’S ASSISTANT | EL CAMINO COLLEGE | JUNE 2014 – OCTOBER 2014
• Helped students with writing in the classroom and during office hours.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$45||$45|
|5 hours||Not available||$175||$225|
|10 hours||Not available||$350||$450|