My tutoring approach is to first identify the specific goals of each student with a simple line of questioning--what are your academic and career aspirations? What do you love about reading and writing? What do you find is your biggest challenge? Based on this discussion, the student and I will generate an end goal, plan out what material we need to cover, and determine which skills need the most practice. I enjoy teaching students of many ages. I find I am an excellent fit for upper elementary and middle school-aged students.
I am an experienced teacher currently working on his teacher certification. I earned a Bachelor of Arts in Honors Humanities from Azusa Pacific University. After finishing my education I went on to teach language arts and history to 60 students each year as a lead teacher in a 5th-grade classroom. I love teaching reading and writing as much as I love the disciplines themselves.
Cancellation Policy: I kindly request 24 hours notice to cancel appointments. If a notice of cancellation is not provided 24 hours before the appointment, a cancellation fee equal to one hour of tutoring will be required.
Bachelor of Arts in Honors Humanities and Biblical Studies
Azusa Pacific University Cum. GPA: 3.49 Fall 2014-Spring 2018
- Explored the narratives and philosophies of classic and contemporary great works.
- Composed engaging, thoughtful, and thoroughly-researched essays.
- Performed critical exegesis of Biblical texts, examining how historical-cultural context illuminates modern application.
- Studied the Bible’s intersections with art, philosophy, science, and ecclesiastics.
5th Grade History and Language Arts Teacher Fall 2018-August 2020
Archway North Phoenix
Generate, refine, and instruct language arts and history curriculums aimed at engaging students and cultivating a lifelong love of learning.
Mentor and lead students by exemplifying kindness, honesty, perseverance, and respect.
Class of ‘18-’19 achieved the highest 5th-grade state test scores in NPX academy.
Senior Public Relations Intern Fall 2015-Spring 2018
Azusa Pacific University Office of University Relations
- Wrote press releases, media alerts, and articles for online and print publication.
- Developed communication strategies to reflect the interests of targeted audiences.
- Conducted interviews seeking quotes and key information for numerous writing projects.
- Promoted to senior position after two years:
- Edited peer content prior to director review.
- Refined peers’ writing skills; ensured projects met quality standards and objectives.
Professional (Azusa Pacific University)
- Cain, E. “Inspiring Tomorrow’s Brightest Minds.” APU Life Magazine. Winter 2018. Pg. 33. Winter 2018
- Cain, E. “APU Celebrates 25 Years of Honors Education.” APU Life Magazine. Spring/Summer 2018. Pg. 29.
- “Waking from the Dream World” in The Bonhoeffer Alternative. APU Honors College. May 2018. (ISBN: 978-1-64123-189-3)
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$20|