My teaching method is very interactive whereby I encourage my students to speak more. A typical lesson plan begins with a group exercise which helps them to bond with their peers and come up with solutions to a simple problem. We then move on to a grammar lesson helping them build their grammar to construct sentences. I also add flavor to the class by discussing commonly spoken phrases or idioms in American English. The class ends with adding to their vocabulary list by learning new words in each class and their application. Resources used are audio visual clips, flash cards and various other everyday objects to create group exercises.
I am a pharmacy graduate with a post graduate degree in Business Administration and have been working in the education sector for the last 12 years.
I am passionate about teaching ESL To non-native English speakers and motivate them to feel confident about their conversational skills thereby helping them to come one step closer to their life goals.
Houston, TX 77042 | (concealed information) | (concealed information) | (concealed information)
Academic advisor and career services professional with more than 10 years of experience in academic advising, admissions counselling, student database management and job placement within higher education. Ability to build strong relationships and able to build rapport with students, colleagues and professionals through professional conversation. Excellent oral and written communication and organization skills.
Language skills: Native Hindi speaker, fluent in Hindi and English.
Multitasker, enthusiastic team player with a willingness to learn new skills.
Full Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
Core competencies include:
Excellent Communication | Bilingual (English and Hindi) | International Work Ex | Process oriented
Cultural Diversity Adjustment | People’s person
MAM – Literacy Advance Sep 2019- Present
Volunteer- ESL tutor– Adult Learning
• Currently Volunteering at MAM Literacy Advance Houston as ESL-tutor to help a group of non- native English speaking adults to help them settle well in their life and equip them to communicate in their new environment.
• Teaching English conversational skills and awareness about American culture
GD GOENKA UNIVERSITY, India Sep 2014 – Oct 2018
Manager – Corporate Resource Centre
• Founded and established the Corporate Resource Centre to facilitate job placement for students and successfully placed the first cohort of engineering and business students within the first year.
• Developed professional partnerships with leading companies for internship and job placement opportunities and maintained effective working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
• Managed independently and collaboratively for on and off campus interviews and ensured students obtained internship opportunities and placement offers before graduation. Supported the seamless onboarding of students into employers’ organizations.
• Implemented training programs and recruited professional trainers to provide instruction on a range of topics, including corporate grooming, résumé development, and conversational French.
• Delivered training and conducted workshops on job search topics; led group discussions and personal interviews to help students acquire the best job opportunities.
• Advised graduate and undergraduate, national and international students on career planning and provided individualized support to compose résumés, prepare for interviews, and negotiate salary.
• Communicated with students, staff, and faculty to resolve academic issues and ensure students were well prepared for placement opportunities.
• Networked with professional and industry contacts both nationally and internationally. Cultivated connections and maintained alumni database of nine schools, including Arts, Culinary, Social Sciences, Design, Engineering, Law, Business, and Pharmacy.
• Identified training and internship opportunities in diverse industry sectors to align with students’ interests.
• Invited guest speakers and promoted events to provide students with insights from professionals in the field.
Ritu Sharma | Page Two (concealed information) | (concealed information)
Related Experience (Continued)
IILM UNIVERSITY, India Jul 2012 – Aug 2014
Corporate Relations Manager
• Coordinated student recruitment events and organized corporate engagement activities.
• Adapted to changing work situations and taught sales training module to students in management classes.
FR. C. RODRIGUES INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES, Mumbai, India Oct 2007 – Mar 2012
Campus Relations Manager
• Organized and oversaw job placement events for business students.
• Mentored students on communication skills and helped them prepare for job interviews.
• Served as Emergency contact for students
S&S ELECTRONICS, Goa, India
Senior Manager – Commercial Sales
• Serviced key accounts for BBC and STAR media services across the region and prepared and implemented marketing plans to acquire new clients nationwide.
THISTLE SYSTEMS, Glasgow, Scotland, UK (International; Work experience)
Business Sales Coordinator
• Managed accounts throughout Scotland and the UK to promote industrial and warehouse racking solutions.
• Coordinated with Sales and Marketing teams, suppliers, and clients to ensure smooth business operations and a high level of customer satisfaction.
UNIVERSITY OF MUMBAI, Mumbai, India Masters Degree in Business Management
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|