My teaching approach is individualized, empowering, and patient. I have experience helping students who struggle with high levels of anxiety that hinders their confidence and ability to learn, particularly in writing. I have developed a wide-range of creative teaching methods and activities that are highly engaging and helpful. I have great empathy for young writers and a keen eye for individualizing teaching methods. I have intensive experience in inquiry-based learning and am always learner-centered. I see tutoring as a relationship and a collaborative process of nurturing the student's development. I work with people of all ages. My goal is to help students become more self-actualized and develop a stronger sense of ownership of their own education.
-College Admissions Essays
-Research Essay Writing
-Dissertation and Thesis Writing
-Creative Writing Methodologies
Judy has three years of experience as a speaking and writing mentor in the Transformative Speaking Program at Hampshire College. Specifically, she has experience working with first-year college students. She has also worked with high school students on college admissions essays in a federal college-prep program. Her college senior thesis, a collection of twenty-two pieces in non-fiction, fiction, prose, poems, theory, and visual art recently caught the attention of the creative writing committee at Hampshire. Judy was selected as the recipient winner of the Sandol Stoddard Scholarship For Gifted Undergraduate Writers, an annual award given to the best creative writer of the graduating class.
Travel Cost $10 per 10 miles ($1 per mile)
Cancellation requires at least 24 hours notice. Cancellations without prior notice and no-shows will be charged full price.
Bachelors of Art in Creative Writing & American Studies-Hampshire College
Five College Consortium Asian/Pacific/American Studies Certificate
Relevant Work Experience
Transformative Speaking Program Campus and Course Mentor
- Mentor Three College Courses in the School of Critical Social Inquiry
- Partner with Faculty/Staff to Develop Community Building Resources & Workshops
- Plan & Advise Faculty on Course Curriculums, Anti Oppression Practice & Theory, Student Engagement
- Lead Presentations at Academic Writing and Speaking Conferences in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, Texas
- Lead Individual/Group Mentoring Sessions with Undergraduate College Students to Support all Areas of
Oral Communication Including Public speaking, Discussion Participation, Listening Skills, Protest Speech
- Create and Plan Praxis Practicum Sessions in Political Theory and Communication
- Holistically and Academically Support First-Year Students In Areas of Campus Life
Trio Upward Bound Summer Academy Leader-Fort Lewis College
- Resident Advisor
- Liaison between Students, Instructors, Parents & Program Staff
- Provide Academic Tutoring & Advising to Individual Students and Groups
- Advise Potential First-Generation College & Low-Income Students on College Admission Essays - Transport and Oversee Students in Community Volunteer Service Projects
- Plan & Facilitate Educational, Cultural, Recreational Activities
School Critical Social Inquiry Research Assistant-Hampshire College
-Assistant to Kimberly Chang, Associate Professor of Cultural Psychology and Creative Nonfiction
Hampshire College Certificate of Ethical Leadership (Ethics & The Common Good Project)
Hampshire College Ingenuity Certificate Award (Campus Leadership & Activities)
Sandol Stoddard Scholarship For Gifted Undergraduate Writers Class of 2020 Recipient Winner
creative writing lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, poetry lessons for all!
Taking college / university preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|