I am a vocalist, French horn player, clarinetist, composer, and arranger. I give lessons to students of all ages in these subjects. I will aim to help you grow by helping to improve your technique. You might have a great voice or incredible ability on your instrument/composer, but you may not know the techniques that will enable it to truly flourish. I think that all mistakes happen for a reason, and if we can get to that reason, diagnose the issue, and find a solution, your playing will improve.
I am a music educator who has recently graduated from Long Island University: CW Post. There I performed in 7 ensembles per semester - 3 vocal and 4 instrumental (I play the French horn). In the vocal jazz ensemble at Post, I was a section leader. I also worked as a private tutor and had two students - one vocal and one instrumental. Additionally, my student teaching experience in a Long Island district enabled me to work with students of all ages in a variety of contexts.
Objective: Music educator with teaching experience in voice (choral and solo), French horn, and general music. Active in musical ensembles, both volunteer and curricular. Composer and arranger for a variety of ensembles. Passionate, curious, and driven.
B.M. Music Education B-12 May 2018
Long Island University: CW Post Magna Cum Laude
Student Teacher, Manhasset School District Jan 2018 – May 2018
• Engaged students in musical activity in a variety of contexts at all grade levels.
• Prepared 3 choral ensembles at the high school level for concert performance/NYSSMA Majors
• Created developmentally appropriate lesson plans and activities on a daily basis
Voice Private Instructor, Varsity Tutors March 2018 – present
• Develop students musical ear by teaching student songs in a variety of meters and tonalities.
• Increase student understanding of proper vocal technique
• Reinforce concepts that have been learned in the general music classroom
French Horn Private Instructor, Varsity Tutors March 2018 – present
• Work one-on-one with a 4th grade beginning horn student on ensemble repertoire and exercises
• Assist in the development of her musical ear and her understanding of what is required to produce a good sound on the French horn (breath support, excellent posture)
English Tutor, TutorABC July 2017 – March 2018
• Led 45-minute immersion English classes that consisted of 1-6 clients
• Diagnosed and corrected students’ speaking and writing mistakes
• Evaluated individual students’ progress at the end of each session through a progress report
Teaching Assistant, Center for Gifted Youth Jan 2017-May 2017
• Oversaw 3 classes of gifted students from 4th through 8th grade
• Monitored the progress of an average of 9 students per class in completing projects
• Performed administrative duties such as taking attendance, setting up classroom, etc.
Volunteer Teacher, Sid Jacobsen Community Center Sept 2016 – Dec 2016
• Engaged two groups of 20 students through movement and musical activity
• Facilitated students’ understanding of concepts being learned
• Played role in showcase for parents at end of program
LIAOSA (Long Island American Orff Schulwerk Association)
ACDA (American Choral Directors Association)
NAfME (National Association for Music Education)
- Performed in Carnegie Hall 4 times with the LIU Post Chorus
- Section leader for the Long Island Sound Vocal Jazz (LISVJ) Ensemble
- Performed in the Montreux Jazz Festival with LISVJ
- Performed a world premiere of pieces written by Chris Dingman
singing lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, music theory lessons for all!
Taking vocal coach lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$30||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||$125||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||$250||Not available||$250|