I am a native Persian speaker who has a degree in English Language and Translation/Linguistics. I have worked as a linguist for over 16 years. I have given lessons to diplomats, retired professors, retired army personnel, teenagers and children. I am very passionate about teaching and I would like to transfer my learning experiences to students. I know how to teach students to learn a language efficiently in a short time .
Over 15 years experience of teaching and translating. Worked as a freelance interpreter and translator. Taught English at LADO International Institute, Washington, DC
- English/Farsi Private tutoring, Iran, Germany, Qatar, USA
- Interpreted and taught English/Persian in schools in Iran and in community education centers in Germany, US.
short trip , $50/hr longer trip (two hours round trip): $65/hr
Mohammad J. Chamani
1527 Lincoln Way Unit 201 McLean, VA 22102
Tel: (concealed information) or (concealed information)
Using linguistics, managerial, and analytical skills gained while working within Government and Civilian sectors, to make a significant contribution to operation of governmental and non-governmental agencies.
• Taught English at LADO International Institute, Washington, DC
• English/Farsi Private tutoring, Iran, Germany, Qatar, USA
• Interpreted and taught English/Persian in schools in Iran and in community education centers in Germany, US.
• Taught and interpreted English for refugees in schools affiliated with church in the US.
• More than 16 years of court interpreting experience for the Department of Justice in VA and MD Court system
• Translated a 1400-page soldier training manual for the Schreiber Translation Inc.
• Performed Media Exploitation from Farsi/Dari to English, English to Farsi/Dari
• Produced and edited video/audio packages for live TV shows at Voice of America
• Prepared and translated documents for INS, IRS (Persian, Dari)
• Performed simultaneous translation in the INS court from Farsi /Dari to English and English to Dari / Farsi
• Managed and interpreted for library and training classes in Iranian Cultural Center – Heidelberg, Germany
• Member of Arlington Independent Media, Arlington VA – Worked voluntarily as a producer, editor, and cameraman
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Interpreter CyraCom International, Inc.
05/01/2016- Present 5780 North Swan Road Tucson, Arizona 85718
• Telephonic interpretation for physicians, patients, IRS, Department of Social Service, Department of Social Security, and Police Department. The interpretation subjects could be legal, criminal, or social. Language interpretation performed from Kurdish, Persian, and Dari (Afghani) into English. Work hours are between 20-30 hours per week.
Interpreter/Translator Ad Astra Interpreting Inc.
06/16/2016-Present 8701 Georgia Ave Silver Spring, MD 20910
• Interpretation services provided to physicians and patients. The interpretation job mainly focuses on medical interpretation. Work hours vary depending on the company needs. Language interpretation is from Kurdish, Persian, and Dari (Afghani) into English.
Medical Interpreter Liberty Language Services, LLC
02/01/2016- Present 1604 Spring Hill Road Ste. 262. Vienna, VA
• Provided interpretation services for physicians and patients in Fairfax, Inova hospitals. Interpretation mainly focuses on medical subjects. Languages interpreted are from Kurdish, Persian, and Dari (Afghani) into English Work hours varies depending on clients need.
Interpreter Language Select,
09/01/2015- present 7590 N Glenoaks Blvd Burbank, CA 91504
• Telephonic interpretation for physicians, patients, the Department of Social Security, the Police Department, the Welfare Department, IRS, etc. Work hours are between 20-30 hours per week.
ESL Teacher LADO International Institute/private tutoring
05/10/15- Contract teacher Washington DC, USA
• Taught different levels of ESL classes at LADO International Institute.
Linguist/Interpreter Schreiber Translations, Inc.
02/1/2013-Present 51 Monroe St #101 Rockville, MD USA
Linguist/Interpreter Capital Communications Group, Inc.
5/1/2012- 5/1/2013 Washington, DC USA
Language Analyst/video editor MEBS Company/ OSC
10/31/10 – 10/31/2012 Doha –Qatar
• Selected commentaries from daily newspaper and summarized them into English
Interpreter Supreme Court of Virginia
1/1 /2013 – Present Arlington, VA 22201
• Provided legal interpretation services, both criminal and civil cases, to the Supreme Court of Virginia. The Virginia court system has a roster of qualified/certified interpreters who work directly for the court.
Writer/producer/translator Voice of America
06/2007-12/2009 Washington, DC-USA
Pharmacy technician Johns Hopkins
2003-2008 Baltimore, MD
• Provided assistance with translation of documents, and the physicians meeting with the patient’s family for the international office of the Human Resources.
• Worked in Oncology Department - Johns Hopkins Hospital as a state and national certified pharmacy technician.
Librarian Iranian cultural Centers
12/1998-09/2000 Heidelberg, Germany
• Interpreted Farsi and assisted the director of the educational center with training materials during seminars and conferences
• Teaching Persian, English
• Provided sight translations/ interpretation
• Prepared Persian lessons and taught English
• Assisted with meeting coordination and seminars with the library staff members
The amount of work hours 15-20 hours per week.
I possess an excellent written and oral communication skill in English, Persian (Farsi), Dari (Afghani), and I speak and interpret two Kurdish dialects (Sorani, Feyli). I am an active member of ATA and NAJIT. In addition, I possess some knowledge of Arabic and German languages. I successfully passed 45 college credits at UDC in Washington, DC and NOVA College, VA including Arabic language course.
- Certificate of Professional Medical Interpreter, Liberty Language - 2016
- ALTA Language Test – 2014
- DLPT 5, conducted by the DOD – Score 3/3
- Qualified/certified Interpreter- 2013
Supreme Court of Virginia - Alexandria
- Computer programming, 2001-2002
University of District of Columbia Washington, DC (earned 35 credit hours)
- Bachelor of Art in English Language and Translations- Tehran – Iran, 1994-1998
- Certificate of Field Production
Arlington Independent Media- USA
- Certificate of Final Cut Pro video editing
Arlington Independent Media – USA
- Certificate of Premiere Pro CS6
Arlington Independent Media – USA
- Certificate of Studio Production
Arlington Independent Media – USA
- Certificate of Advanced Camera Techniques
Arlington Independent media – USA
References available upon request
persian lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$55||$36|
|5 hours||Not available||$200||$180|
|10 hours||Not available||$300||$360|