My teaching method is casual but focused. I like to develop a rapport with my students so they feel comfortable giving me feedback and asking questions they may not otherwise ask. Crucially, I want to help students develop in ways that are familiar to them rather than try to reinvent the wheel.
I am a college student who has two years of tutoring experience: I tutored privately for family friends and edited scores of essays for dozens of my peers. I have received a great deal of positive feedback regarding my editing and essay-writing abilities, and I have consistently helped students achieve A-range grades on written assignments.
GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY, Georgetown College Washington, DC
Bachelor of Arts in Political Economy August 2018 - May 2021 (Expected)
Varsity Athlete, Rowing
BOSTON COLLEGE, Morrissey College of Arts and Sciences Boston, Massachusetts
GPA: 3.87, Dean’s List, First Honors, Top 5% of Class Aug 2017 - May 2018
Economics, Philosophy, Psychology, Political Science, English, French
ROWAMERICA RYE Rye, New York
Coach June - August 2018
- Co-ran a summer rowing program with over two dozen rowers between the ages of 10 and 13, instructing them in the fundamentals of rowing and its mechanics
- Coordinated with fellow coaches to craft creative activities to promote teamwork, communication, and safety amongst the rowers
- Educated parents on the sport of rowing and its virtues, both physical and mental
Intern May 2017
- Assisted head coaches and boathouse staff in organizing practices in order to increase boathouse efficiency during post-season training for regional and national regattas
- Undertook projects with fellow interns to repair underserviced equipment such as boat shells, riggers, and oars
- Cooperated with fellow interns to brainstorm and propose potential solutions to operational issues such as boathouse traffic and lack of information-logging
COVELEIGH CLUB Rye, New York
Lifeguard June - August 2016, 2017
- Oversaw regularly crowded pool area by enforcing club rules, cleaning up after and assisting patrons, and ensuring safety of swimmers
- Assisted club administration in organizing major events such as weddings and graduation parties
RYE HIGH SCHOOL CREW TEAM Rye, New York
Captain September 2015 - June 2017
Notable results: National Champion 2017, Second Place at National Championship 2016, Third Place Head of the Charles 2016, Two-time New York State Champion
Assisted head coach in mediating between teammates and coaching staff, resulting in the most successful seasons in the team’s history
Skills, Activities, Interests
- Member of Georgetown Lightweight Rowing Team (25+ hours/week)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Google equivalents
- Intermediate proficiency in French speaking, listening, reading, and writing
- Interested in politics, economics, philosophy, psychology, literature, journalism, pop culture
- Enjoy reading, writing, music, crossword puzzles, hiking, and engaging with friends
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|