I am a recent graduate of Bangor University in Wales where I obtained my Masters degree in marine biology. I attended S.U.N.Y. Purchase for 5 years and pursued a Bachelor's degree in Biology. I have years of experience in nearly all fields of natural sciences and biology, and have been a college teaching assistant for Anatomy & Physiology.
The pace of tutoring is entirely dependent on the student, and I am happy to accommodate in any way I can.
I have taught college students between the ages of 18 and 25, and I have assisted high school students in preparation for college-level biology. I am available to anyone who needs extra help, at either the high school or college level, in various subjects such as: biology, cell biology, marine biology/ecology, conservation biology, genetics, anatomy/physiology, zoology, animal behavior, etc.
As a teaching assistant, I have aided more than 50 students, usually in large courses designed for general sciences. As a private tutor, I have only had a handful of students. I can work well with both individuals seeking help, or groups.
My past students have noted that my help sessions enabled them do better on quizzes and exams, and help them understand the material better.
I offer a flat rate of $45 per hour. Since I cannot utilize my home as a work space, I will travel to accommodate the students. Skype sessions will be discounted at a flat rate of $30 per hour.
I am willing to negotiate package rates if need be.
MASTER OF SCIENCE, MARINE BIOLOGY | OCTOBER 2O16 | BANGOR UNIVERSITY, WALES
· Thesis: Testing the efficacy of in-water ozone treatment of non-native species: developing a biosecurity policy for Wales
· Related coursework: Marine Ecology Skills, Marine Fisheries, Habitat Ecology & Coastal Survey, Marine Vertebrates, Marine Invertebrates, Research Design & Planning.
BACHELOR OF ARTS, BIOLOGY| MAY 2015 | STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK AT PURCHASE
· Minor: Marine Science
· Thesis: Pathway of food particles through the digestive tract of the American lobster, Homarus americanus.
· Related coursework: General Biology and Labs I & II, General Chemistry and Labs I & II, Organic Chemistry I and Lab, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Genetics and Lab, Conservation Biology, Marine Ecology, Animal Physiology, Animal Behavior, Vertebrate Zoology, Coral Reef Biology & Ecology, Oceanography.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT | GEORGE HOFFMANN & SONS, INC., NEW ROCHELLE | SEPTEMBER 2008 – PRESENT
· Assistant and fill-in for accountants and bookkeepers in management branch of real estate company.
· Enter all vendor invoices into Skyline (property management software).
· Record and catalog all capital improvements to apartment units.
· Record all jobs performed on commercial buildings.
· Analyze all supplies receipts produced by contractors to be reimbursed.
GROUP SALES ASSOCIATE | RADISSON HOTEL, NEW ROCHELLE | JANUARY 2015 – JULY 2015
· Assistant to group sales manager and general manager.
· Booked and took payments for private parties such as weddings, reunions, and birthdays.
· Created multiple hotel blocks and organized all other hotel accommodations to avoid booking conflicts.
GUEST SERVICE AGENT | RADISSON HOTEL, NEW ROCHELLE | APRIL 2013 – JANUARY 2015
· Greeted, checked in and out all hotel guests while providing quality customer satisfaction.
· Processed all accommodation payments and deposits.
· Worked closely with engineering, housekeeping, and restaurant departments to ensure department cooperation.
TEACHING ASSISTANT | S.U.N.Y. PURCHASE, PURCHASE | AUGUST 2011 – MAY 2015
· Teaching assistant for undergraduate students at state university
· Two courses: Human Anatomy & Physiology, and a basic women’s self-defense course called “R.A.D.”
· Assisted professors in creating and grading student projects, homework, and exams.
· Held independent study and review sessions for students.
Leadership, Skills, Interests
· Inducted into National Society of Leadership and Success, S.U.N.Y. Purchase – May 2013
· Co-Founder of marine science communication project: Ocean Fact (in development) December 2014 – Present (concealed information)
· Microsoft Office, R, Primer, SPSS, SigmaPlot
· PADI certification: Advanced open water diver
Amanda is an incredibly bright, patient, thoughtful and knowledgeable young lady. Her compassionate kindness is only matched by her passion for biology. There is no person I would trust with my own or my child's biology education above Amanda.
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest genetics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anatomy lessons for all!
Taking Test prep has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$45||$30|