I make sure students are fully involved in my classroom by using group discussions, think-pair-share. I teach each topic by giving an introductory warm-up questions, to direct students' focus to the Lesson objectives and expectation ,after which I explain how to solve the questions to the students ,and give them time to compare my approach with theirs, then I give classwork to check their understanding.
I have a bachelors degree in mathematics and masters in Applied Mathematics. I have had the opportunity to utilize my excellent communication skill to teach both high school and college students courses such as college Algebra, Intermediate Algebra and Pre-calculus. I have managed classroom sizes ranging from 15 to 30, and I also provided one-one tutoring and academic advisement as the needs arise.
Communication Active listening Leadership Time management Classroom management Pre-Calculus Algebra Problem Resolution Advising counselling Mathematics Teaching Tutoring Detail Oriented Care and compassion .
High School Mathematics teacher
College Park Academy, Riverdale, MD 8/2018 to Present
• Taught and graded Algebra and pre-Calculus to high school students.
• Establishes clear goals and objectives related to the School Improvement Plan.
• Plans and prepares lessons, assignments, and instructional materials.
• Establishes learning objectives consistent with appraisal of student needs and curriculum framework
• Prepares, administers and corrects evaluations and assessments, and records results.
• Selects and uses appropriate instructional strategies including, but not limited to, lectures, group discussions, demonstrations, modeling and multimedia teaching aids to present subject matter to students.
• Evaluates student progress using appropriate assessment techniques.
• Maintains order and discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning.
• Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives.
• Counsels students when academic and adjustment problems arise
• Confers with parents and students regarding progress/problems of assigned students; arranges and participates in teacher-parent or teacher-student conferences as necessary.
• Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law, Board Policy and Administrative Regulation.
Bowie State University, Bowie, MD 1/2016 to 07/2018
• Taught and graded Algebra, Taught Intermediate Algebra, and pre-Calculus.
• Taught and graded Introduction to mathematical ideas with topics in sets, logic, probability, geometry and statistics.
• Created and maintained an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking.
• Attended and actively participated in faculty meetings and provided input regarding the planning of instructional goals, objectives and methods
• Planed and prepared lessons, assignments, and instructional materials.
• Evaluated progress of students concerning educational matters and graded students works.
• Provided students with accurate information on curriculum requirements and assisted with course selection.
• Counselled students when academic and adjustment problems arise.
• Aided students with career-related decisions including identifying job, internship, and graduate school opportunities
• Provided clear instructions on how to approach equations and problems.
• Gave outside-class help to students to help them have great understanding of lessons taught and improve on their grades.
• Determined each student’s specific needs to provide individualized guidance.
• Assisted in coordinating departmental meetings.
Bowie State University, Bowie, MD 02/2014-12/2015
Graduate Teaching Assistant
• Taught Algebra and pre-Calculus.
• Evaluated students’ progress using appropriate assessments techniques.
• Created classroom environment that provides for students involvement in learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives.
• Organized seminars and meetings.
• Counselled students when academic and adjustment problems arose
• Proctored Examinations.
• Offered tutoring services.
Adeyemo Memorial College, Ibadan Oyo State, Nigeria 01/2009 – 07/2013
High School Mathematics Teacher
• Prepared, administered and corrected evaluations and assessments, and records results.
• Taught several classes including introduction to Algebra, Computer Science, and Pre-calculus.
• Selected and used appropriate instructional strategies including but not limited to lectures, group discussions, demonstrations, modeling and multi-media teaching aids to present subject matter to students.
• Maintained order and discipline in the classroom conducive to effective learning and takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilitates.
• Prepared, administered and corrected evaluations and assessments, and record results.
• Prepared students for College entrance examinations.
• Confers with parents and students regarding progress/problems of assigned students; arranges participates in teacher-parent or teacher-student conferences as necessary.
• Provided guidance to students in choosing their college majors.
• Created and implemented lesson plans based on students’ needs and capabilities
• Prepared lesson plans, graded homework, tests and quizzes
Bowie State University, Bowie, MD December 2015
Master of Science Applied and Computational Mathematics
Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, Nigeria November 2011
Bachelor of Science (Ed.) in Mathematics
Bowie State University, Bowie, MD
• Outstanding Mathematics graduate student May 2014
• Graduate Teaching Assistant Feb 2014 – Dec 2015
Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, Nigeria
• College Scholar Award 2009 - 2011
• General Secretary National Association of Mathematical Science Students
• 2nd place at the National Mathematics Competition for University Students 2011
• MS Office suite, iCAN, Blackboard, Internet and Email, hawkes learning, Pearson Mathlab, Pearson Connexus, Kahoot.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$300|