I believe in a strong core foundation before focusing on many topics. By instilling this foundation, students can think on their feet more rather than relying on asking many questions (albeit asking questions are great, but too many will result in over dependence on the tutor). I also value mistakes highly, a student that makes a mistake once will not make it again if corrected properly.
I am a premedical student that currently has a 4.0 gpa in the University of Texas at Arlington.
I have experience tutoring in TRIO student support services in UTA which cater towards students from all backgrounds who need help in a variety of courses.
My focus is Chemistry/Organic chemistry but I have tutored in biology, genetics, calculus, and spanish as well.
Biology Major/ Chemistry minor
Outstanding scholar scholarship recipient
John T Murchinson Scholarship
Math, Science and English Instructor (Eye Level)
- Established learning center originated from South Korea (Daekyo corporation)
- Instructed children from ages 5 years to 16 years all in different levels.
- Developed homework problems and better strategies for problem solving with students.
- Managed a classroom size of up to 6 students at a time.
TRIO SSS Tutor/Mentor
- Grant Based program that provides academic tutoring and counseling in all subjects.
- Tutored subjects such as Algebra, Calculus, Spanish, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biology, and Genetics.
- Mentoring program entails us to help our mentees in their transition to college.
- Activities include counseling and attending workshops in a monthly basis to see how the mentees have progressed throughout their college career.
- Actively volunteer at any activities hosted by TRIO.
- Actively participate in engaging workshops provided by TRIO (workshops are led by AVID Training corporation).
Freshman Biology Undergraduate Teaching Assistant (TA)
- Lead a classroom of freshman students in a recitation style of manner.
- Work closely with freshman biology faculty members to come up with lesson plans each week to teach the corresponding topics.
Organic Chemistry Research with Dr. Junha Jeon
- I have committed at least, if not more than 800 hours of research with Dr. Jeon
- Research entails leading my own project, while also helping the overseeing PHD student in all his projects.
- In a short time, I am the 5th author of a manuscript currently under review in JACS and writing my own manuscript of my own project I was assigned to when I joined the lab.
- I have learned useful lab techniques such as Distillation, Chromatography and working the NMR, HPLC, and GC machines.
- UROP participant during the summer of 2017 which entailed a 40-hour weekly commitment for 10 weeks to do paid research sponsored by the school.
- Have done 2 major poster presentations entailing my main research project.
- Currently working on 2 other major projects.
algebra lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, organic chemistry lessons for all!
Taking precalculus & calculus lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|