I have a unique method that teaches time, technique, and stylistic nuances as well as an approach that promotes relaxation and flow behind the drumset. based on teachers I have studied with and my own approach to learning the drums
pro drummer for 40+ years, masters degree in Jazz performance, have played all styles and taught students of all ages and skill levels. I have played in rock, pop, blues, Jazz, country, and most other drumset styles. In addition I have a background in playing/teaching mallet instruments.
• 30 years-experience as a professional musician and 25 years-experience in teaching music students from ages 8-40 from diverse ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds
• Additional professional experience in the production, recording, and engineering of music, television, radio, A/V, film and theater programming
Masters’ in Jazz Performance - May 2014 - Music performance: Jazz Percussion
Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL
Bachelor of Music - 2010 - Jazz Studies/Music Business/Electro-Acoustic Composition
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
Associate of Applied Science in Broadcast Engineering Technology - 1993
Parkland College, Champaign, IL
MUSIC PERFORMANCE / INSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE
Professional Drummer - Central Illinois and Chicago IL - 1978 to present
• Performed in concerts, studios, clubs, educational settings, and private engagements
• Featured performances with Larry Coryell, Ira Sullivan, Richie Cole, Bobby Enriquez, Eric Alexander, Mike Lee, Jeff Newell, Ron Blake, Bobby Shew, Joe Lovano, George Freeman, Ron and Cecil Bridgewater, Gunnar Mossblad, Rick Simmerly, Dennis Mackrel, Marvin Stamm, Chris Vadala, and singers Rachael Lee, Judy Roberts, Peter Oprisko, Jeri Saeger, Eddie Snow,
Drum Instructor - Private Drum Studios, 1980-2017
• Provided comprehensive instruction to a wide variety of players and ability levels
Graduate Assistant - WIU Music Department - Macomb, IL - 2011 to 2013
• Provided private lessons for WIU community music school, recruited students
• Assisted with tour and concert management for WIU Jazz Studio Orchestra’s fall tour, jazz festival, concerts
• Served as jazz department music librarian, filing and collating jazz arrangements, updating library software
Percussion Instructor - The Conservatory of Central Illinois - Champaign, IL - 2003 to 2007
• Instructed students from ages 8 to 25 years old in drumming and percussion at beginner to advanced levels, and conducted music classes at Cunningham school, Urbana
Drum Set Instructor - Parkland College - Champaign, IL - 1992 to 1994
• Taught drums and drum set to applied music students from diverse age, socio-economic, and cultural
Drum Set/Jazz Instructor Illinois Summer Youth Music Jazz Camp-1980-1985
• Taught Drum set, jazz combo, improvisation to High School students.
drum lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest percussion lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, jazz drumming lessons for all!
Taking marimba lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$30||Not available||$30|