I'm a professional tutor who has been helping students since 2004.
My technical training is in linguistics and the English language, but the foundation of student success is in general study skills.
I help students build their skills in the following areas:
- General study skills
- Student organization
- Time management
- Research methods
- Reading strategies
- Writing process
- Test preparation
- Degree planning
- Career and life planning
- Comprehensive knowledge of the English language, including grammar, vocabulary, and etymology
- Ability to help to students understand difficult technical concepts through clear examples and plain language
- A helpful teacher attitude, supporting clients in achieving their goals
- A love of learning and sharing a wide general knowledge of history, culture, and science
As a professional tutor, I have been helping students become better students since 2004.
- M.A. Linguistics, University of Toronto
- B.A. Linguistics, University of Toronto, with minors in classical history and music history
- TESL/TEFL certification for English education
- 17 years of tutoring experience
- Teaching English (ESL) since 2004
- Professional proofreader since 2008
Linguistics and English Language Consultant
I’m a linguistics and English language consultant who has been supporting students, businesses, and lifelong learners since 2014. I provide teaching, support, and consultation in all areas of linguistics and the English language.
I supported deaf hard-of-hearing students at George Brown, Seneca, Humber and Centennial Colleges, transcribing lectures and class discussions in a wide range of subjects.
I taught students of all ages and levels in English grammar, vocabulary, and literature.
I proofread and rewrote English documents for Japanese corporate clients, delivering consistent and correct business English and improving overall flow and style.
I taught all aspects of spoken and written English to Japanese and international students ages 2 to 80 at several Tokyo schools.
I assisted psychologist Dr. Justin Thomas in writing and revising his autobiography and the story of the Label Liberation "I am a person first" project.
Teaching Assistant, Department of Linguistics, University of Toronto
I taught tutorial sections, assisted students, and graded exams for linguistics courses.
English Teacher, Volunteers for Thailand
I participated in and later directed English camps for all ages at several rural schools in the Isan region of Thailand, and taught English at Srisawatwittayakarn High School in Nan, Thailand.
Experimental Language Developer, Gen-X Sports, Toronto
I worked with a team of linguists in the Experimental Products Division to develop a “secret language for teenagers” using colours and shapes.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$400|