I approach my students as developing musicians. My teaching method is catered to the individual needs of each student while using some core method books such as Everybody's Classical Guitar, Sor Studies, and Pumping Nylon. I share what I have learned on my guitar/music journey so my students may also develop skill on the guitar and music in general.
I also include instruction on nail care for achieving great tone on the classical guitar.
I am a classical guitarist with a Bachelor of Music - Performance from the Stetson University School of Music. I have been playing classical guitar for 13 years and been teaching private lessons for 4 years. I have taught students from ages 5 to 65 years. I have studied with and performed in masterclasses for top classical guitarists: Dr. Stephen Robinson, Antigoni Goni, Julian Gray, David Russell, Jason Vieaux, Irina Kulikova, Judicael Perroy, Berta Rojas, Laura Snowden, Rene Izquierdo, Amadeus Duo, and the Kithara Duo.
Education Stetson University, DeLand, FL May 2020
• Bachelor of Music in Guitar Performance
• Major Professor: Dr. Stephen Robinson • GPA: 3.96/4.0
• Peace Corps Preparatory Program, Youth in Development Sector
Festival Study/Travel Abroad
• Volterra Project Summer Guitar Institute, Italy (2018)
• Florida Guitar Festival and Competition, Tallahassee, FL (2017, 2019)
• Troy University Guitar Festival, Troy, Alabama (2015)
Additional Guitar Teachers: Dr. Andrew Stroud, Suzanne Dorman, Dr. Adam Larison, Dr. Robert Gibson, David Hoge
Masterclass Performances/Additional Lessons
Julian Gray (2020,2019,2012) René Izquierdo (2019) Laura Snowden (2018/2019) Amadeus Duo (2019) Kithara Duo (2019)
Antigoni Goni (2018) Berta Rojas (2018) Judicael Perroy (2018)
Raphaella Smits (2017) David Russell (2017) Bruce Holzman (2017)
Irina Kulikova (2016)
- Presser Scholar, Awarded by Stetson University School of Music Dean May 2019
- Chosen for Solo Performance - Final Concert, Volterra Project Summer Guitar Institute, Italy July 2018
- International Travel Grant, Awarded by Stetson University School of Music Dean May 2018
- Inspiration Award, Presented by Duvall Home for performances with developmentally disabled residents Sep 2017
- Award for Excellence in Teaching & Community Engagement, Stetson University Community School of Music May 2017
- Outstanding Sophomore of the Year, Awarded by Stetson University School of Music Faculty May 2017
- Outstanding Freshman of the Year, Awarded by Stetson University School of Music Faculty May 2016
- William E. Duckwitz Talent Scholarship, Stetson University Aug 2016-2020
- Dean’s List, Stetson University May 2016-2020
- First Prize Division Winner, Troy University Guitar Festival Competition Feb 2015
Solo Recitals, guitar Nov 2016-present
• Senior Recital, Virtual (April 2020)
• Junior Recital, Gillespie (March 2019)
• Talenti Del Mundo Volterra Project Laureates, Volterra Italy, Camera Conisgliare (July 2018)
• Sophomore Recital, Hand Art Center (March 2018)
• Russian Program Anniversary Celebration (Oct 2018)
• Guitar on the Rocks, Gillespie Museum (Nov 2016-2019)
Guitar Ensemble (Oct 2016-2019)
Collaborative: Trios, Quartets, Sextet, Octets
Lotus Eaters Guitar Quartet Oct 2017-May 2019
• Society of Former Special Agents of the FBI, Greater Daytona Beach Chapter
• Stetson University Homecoming, Lee Chapel
• Instruments of Healing, The Good Samaritan Society Florida-Lutheran
• Guitar Ensemble, Lee Chapel
Stetson University Symphony Orchestra Festival of Russian Music, Balalaika Oct 2017
• The Bedbug Suite, Op. 19, Dmitri Shostakovich
Guitar Faculty, Stetson Community School of Music, DeLand, FL Aug 2016-present
• Organize lessons with private students through professional and diligent communication
• Create weekly schedules and submit timecards on a weekly basis
• Teach skills of playing guitar and inspire students to remain dedicated
• Recognized for excellence in serving, investing and engaging in Central Florida community Summer Camp Staff, Hoobler Music Studio, Enterprise, AL June 2017
• Taught choral music, guitar, general music lessons, narrated stories and directed activities
• Maintained positive relationships with colleagues, provided nurturing environment for students
Tutor, Stetson University Academic Success Services, DeLand, FL Aug 2018-present
• Work with diverse learners and maintain ability to adjust communication and teaching method according to individual needs
• Meet and remain in close communication with fellow tutors as head of music tutors
Lauren is a caring, loving, gentle, selfless, responsible, sweetheart of a human being.
We met at Stetson university, where she was a music student.
She strives to not only be the best version of herself, but to help others become the best version of themselves.
She approaches her craft with passion, humility, and elegance.
She is good with all ages and Her passion is just contagious.
She has a well rounded understanding of music, is professional And so talented. I would recommend this woman to the queen of England! Thank You Lauren for your desire to share your passion with others.
When my guitar teacher at Stetson University Community School of Music graduated; he wisely recommended I continue lessons with Lauren. Her ability to explain and demonstrate technique has helped me build guitar skills. Her teaching style contributes to my enthusiasm for learning, practicing, and performing.
As a mother of many musically talented kids, the most important thing apart from picking a talented teacher is above all else , that the Teacher teaching your children is a good role model for them. Lauren is an incredibly talented young lady who is not just Beautiful in the outside but beautiful in the inside ... her passion for music will inspire your children to want to keep learning & most of all she is incredibly patient. The importance of a good role model should not be overlooked, because it will be a relationship built between your child potentially for many years to come .
I met Lauren at the 2018 edition of the Volterra Project. I soon realized she is a dedicated and talented artist with a subtle and profound musicality. I recommend her strongly.
I met Lauren in the Summer of 2018 during an international workshop in guitar: The Volterra Project. She is an amazing guitarist and was one of the chosen among many other applicants around the world. She has a great grasp and unique sense of music, fluent technique, outstanding music education and ability. I highly recommend taking lessons with Lauren! You will learn a lot from her!
music reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, classical guitar lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$40|