- Hourly rate $11
- Response Time 4h
- Number of students 50+
1st lesson free!
I am a professional Mentor for rubiks cubes. I can teach all kinds of cubes both beginner and advance level. Name a cube and you will learn it from me with logic.
We host the best tutors. Quality of their profile, experience in their field. Harinder will be happy to arrange your first lesson Rubik's Cube.
About the lesson
I always teach cubes logically and in a fun way. I always prefer to teach differently to different age groups because the way they understand the logic is quite different from each other. In this way they take cube as a hobby for them,not a burden.
- Rubik's Cube
- All Levels
I have done my Master in Mathematics and cubes are my passion because its related to maths. I know the logic behind every step in the cubes and it makes cubes more interesting to me and helps me finding so many different ways for solving the cube. I am successfully teaching cubes from last 5 years and that definitely makes me a perfect mentor for cube:)
Perfect! She explained the steps in cube solving excellently and taught my 9yr old son to solve it in 4 lessons. Highly recommended!
- Harinder's response : Ata is a very smart boy. The way he understands and learn the algorithms is really impressive. He will complete his cube in no time and will definitely come to the timing of 1 minute.
Perfect! My son liked Harinder lessons. He is so keen & look forward to her lessons. Harinder is approachable. I would highly recommend Harinder
- Harinder's response : He has really sharp mind. He understood so much in the 1st class and the best part is that he understands the logic behind each step. I am really impressed with him. Keep enjoying cubing
Perfect! Excellent tutor
Perfect! She observed my kid's performance and gave him sincere feedback. I appreciate it.
Perfect! Harinder was focused and understood Pratham's interests and strengths. Pratham enjoyed every session and she was never in a hurry gave good time for him to think and correct.
- Harinder's response : He is a very smart boy. He understands everything very quickly. I am enjoying teaching him. Keep cubing:)
Perfect! The time schedule is very flexible and Harinder has very good patience for young learner. Suitable methodology for kids to learn the Rubik's cube and my boy really enjoyed.
- Harinder's response : He is very young by age but when it's time to understand advance method he is dng fabulous. Always understands at the very 1st time. Enjoying teaching him.
Perfect! Great lesson!
- Harinder's response : Very smart girl. Learned so much in the 1st class. She will learn the cube very soon.
Perfect! Very friendly approach
- Harinder's response : Seyon is very much interested in cubes. A happy and smart kid. I enjoyed my Interaction with him. Would definitely enjoy teaching him also.
Perfect! Great first introductory session, looking forward to learning from you Harinda
Perfect! She’s really good and helped my son to solve the Cube in just one session. She was very patient with him and was trying to engage him and trying to understand his thought process while teaching him. Excellent training. Thanks
- Harinder's response : He is only 5 but knows alot about cube. I am just polishing his cubing skills. Totally impressed by him.
Excellent! 30 min session. Intro to each other and learned what my son knows about the cube and taught him terminology. Thanks!
- Harinder's response : Understanding everything easily. He would be able to solve the cube in few classes.
Perfect! Harinder was able to understand our kids requirement and was really kind enough to quickly guide us to other teachers. Thanks again!
- Harinder's response : You cube in their hereditary:) All family know alot abt cubes. Finger movements r perfect. Just need to learn advance method and definitely would be able to solve the cube in few seconds. I personally enjoyed alot interacting with them.
Perfect! I have tried to learn cubing with written instructions and some videos. I could not grasp the concepts they were trying to teach on the videos or the written word. Working with Harinder has been a great experience and it's only been 1 lesson.
I learned so much but more importantly, I really understood everything at a deeper level. Can't wait for my next lesson. Harinder's knowledge of the cube is fantastic. When I was turning the cube quickly she easily noticed I had made an error and I was impressed she could see that so fast on Zoom. I am having a great time and Harinder has a really nice personality. Highly recommend her as a great teacher.
- Harinder's response : Being a magician, I think he is using some tricks in cubes also. He is understanding everything very fast. Learned so much in a very 1st class. Thanks to you David for teaching me some cool card tricks.
Perfect! Harinder did a wonderful job working with our daughters. She is great with kids, she demonstrates patience, and is also very knowledgable. We will continue to work with her and highly recommend her.
- Harinder's response : Class really went well. Got full support from parents. Kids are small in their age but they showed complete interest in cubes.
Perfect! Harinder is friendly and a patient teacher. She takes the time to understand student needs and adjusts class accordingly. She has always been flexible with timings. My 8 year old enjoys solving thw cube with Harinder.
- Harinder's response : Smarter than her age. Always smiles while learning. Even if she makes mistake, she does the same step again and again happily:)
Perfect! Harinder is a a very good coach. She has taught me in a systematic way that has ensured I have picked this skill up really easily! Highly recommended!!
- Harinder's response : Teaching an adult always have some plus points. You will learn the cube very soon. Keep practicing it every day.
Perfect! I am really pleased that my kid could learn Rubik's cube in few hours, fortunately he is trained by an excellent teacher. Highly recommend
- Harinder's response : Very sincere and smart boy. It was very easy for me to teach him. Thanks
Perfect! I really enjoy communicating with Harinder because she provides my son's learning progress at the end of each class and responds to my messages very fast each time.
- Harinder's response : Very sincere and understanding every thing carefully. Will learn the cube very soon:)
Perfect! Thank you Harinder for being such an excellent teacher. You are very knowledgeable and seem to be great at teaching all ages and skill levels. We really enjoyed the class!
- Harinder's response : Super smart than her age. Understanding the logic behind each step. Will learn cubes very soon
Perfect! Fantastic, took her time with my son and had plenty to offer. Have booked again.
- Harinder's response : He already knows alot. I am sure in future he would be able to solve all different kinds of cubes. Keep cubing
Perfect! Patient, strong understanding of cubes
- Harinder's response : Very jolly kid...Also have very sharp mind. Always experimenting with cubes and will definitely find a new way in solving the cubes.
Perfect! Thank you! We loved our class! Very knowledgeable. The times aren't going to work for us but thank you!
- Harinder's response : He has lots of knowledge about cubes. Very determined to do better in cubes..keep cubing
Perfect! showed up late, but she still agreed to reschedule and we still met for a few minutes to discuss.
- Harinder's response : Always ready to teach you. I know you are very much into cubes and will definitely achieve the set target.
Perfect! Harinder is very much child friendly teacher and have lot of patience to teach younger children online.
- Harinder's response : Always ready to help him.
Perfect! Amazing Tutor. Really patient and has strong understanding
- Harinder's response : Its going to be very easy for me to teach him. Very intelligent and jolly person.
Perfect! Harinder is doing a fantastic job with my 10 yr old - keeping his interest and motivation while at the same time teaching him cool new tricks :-)
- Harinder's response : Super Talented boy. It's my pleasure to teach him.
Perfect! Harinder is an amazing tutor. Very patient with my son.
- Harinder's response : I am always ready for him in case he needs my help.
Perfect! Harinder is a great tutor with deep algorithm theory knowledge of how to solve the cube. My son truly enjoys being guided and taught by her.
- Harinder's response : Very smart kid..understanding everything very easily
Perfect! Really appreciate the way Harinder taught. Learnt solving the Rubik cube in no time.
- Harinder's response : Very easy to teach him.
View more reviews
I am learning maths from Harinder from past 3 yrs And will continue it until I have maths. I really enjoy the way she teaches me. Thank you Harinder
Harinder has been teaching my 10 year son cubing, but the lessons have recently slowly shifted to more mathematics than cubing - in line with the interests of my son. Harinder is a mathematician by education and is excellent at explaining difficult concepts in an understandable way. My son always looks forward to the lesson! I warmly recommend Harinder.
Harinder is patient, thorough and humourous. She has been a superb tutor, who has not only taught my son to complete the cube in under 2mins, but also done wonders for his confidence and approach to difficult situations. Can't thank her enough.
Very good teacher. Helped me solve the rubiks cube quickly. well explained. Overall very good. Would recommend!
She is wonderful tutor. Amazingly skilled in her subject and always help you to understand the logic behind each step to solve the cubes.
Very patient, polite and also didn't mind to give me extra lesson (w/o extra payment ) until I fully understood and learnt.
Will definitely recommend her.
Excellent trainer.. she is very friendly and fantastic ..my son learned lot of technics and he enjoyed a lot her class ..
Harinder teaches "Rubik's " to my 8 year old son.
She is calm and patient in teaching kids. My son loves the lessons and never hesitated in asking questions. I highly recommend her Rubik's teaching to others
In my sons words " She is a good teacher at Rubik's , and I am learning fast. I trust her a lot"
I really liked getting taught by my teacher Harinder as she made everything seem fun even when our mood was down! I really liked getting taught by her.
View more recommendations
- 5h: $56
- 10h: $112
Find out more about Harinder
1) When did you start practicing? How did this passion find you?
I started practicing almost 3 years back. first time, my niece demonstrated how to solve 3x3 cube but she was not able to tell the logic behind each step . Being a person with zeal to find rationale and logic in everything (where possible), it really tickled my mind and appealed me to dig further and formulate logic behind different types of cubes. Over a period, this has evolved as my passion from interest and looking forward to establishing advanced formulae for all variants of cube.
2) Which artists or works affect you the most?
Harinder: Erno Rubik, inventor of Rubik Cube is inspiration for me. He was design professor and in his age of 29 years started fiddling around with a set of wooden blocks. He connected those tiny wooden blocks, glued colored paper to their sides, bound them together with elastic string, and started twisting.
However, the inventor of the Rubik's Cube had no idea how to solve one. What's more, he didn't know if anyone could.
It took a month of twisting and re-twisting in his room before he found the solution
3) What are the qualities and skill required to succeed in this area?
Spatial Reasoning. This is the ability to distinguish sequences/Patterns of colors from each other easily. This is an imperative skill for the Rubik's Cube.
Patience. If you don't have patience you will not have a fun time learning how to solve a Rubik's Cube, whether it's learning how to solve one online, trying to figure it out on your own, or learning to get fast
Application of concepts (In advanced methods the last layer builds up requires quick thinking. picking up 1 alg from 100-150 algs)
Memorization. If you're going to go out and learn new algorithms to solve the cube, you will need to be able to memorize sequences.
What is the most valuable advice you can give to help someone stay focused on creative projects?
In my view, Patience and sincerity are 2 common traits to achieve something on creative projects. While one is putting sincere efforts in achieving the results, expecting those to come easy has very slim chance. There comes the role of patience, so, patience and sincerity goes hand in hand to achieve something which you will be proud of later.
How would you describe your passion; how does it make you feel?
It makes me feel content and proud. This helps me to satisfy my zeal to both learn and teach. More I teach to my students, more I feel happy . That gives me boundless opportunities to meet people from various geographies, learn from them about themselves, their culture etc.... while I teach them about cubes. I am really proud of what I learnt and now sharing that with people all over the world.
What creative achievements are you particularly proud of?
- Spatial Reasoning built while learning the cubes
- Limitless Opportunities to meet and teach ( and also learn from) people with different background and geographies
- Discovered high degree of patience in self which is helping me in many fronts in my personal life
Have you ever been surprised by a student; by their ability or quick progression?
While every student is unique and star in his/her own area. There are couple of students who really amazed by their ability to learn the cube. A boy from Germany has learnt it in half of the time a good student takes. Moreover, I taught him an algebra logic to calculate sum of odd/even numbers from 1 to 100 quickly. To my surprise, next day he demonstrated his ability to quickly apply the same logic for numbers till 1 million!!
Being a Superprof is an art! What is your secret?
Be truthful to your work and to your students in all circumstances. With clear intentions and sincere efforts, success is bound to come.