I'm a professional linguistics and the English language consultant who has been helping students and lifelong learners since 2004.
I believe true education reaches across field boundaries. All areas of knowledge are open for exploration, each with its own contribution.
I help my students develop a personal learning plan and navigate the wide world of knowledge.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the English language, including grammar, vocabulary, and etymology
- Ability to help to students understand difficult technical concepts through clear examples and plain language
- A helpful teacher attitude, supporting clients in achieving their goals
- A love of learning and sharing a wide general knowledge of history, culture, and science
- M.A. Linguistics, University of Toronto
- B.A. Linguistics, University of Toronto, with minors in classical history and music history
- TESL/TEFL certification for English education
- Teaching English (ESL) since 2004
- Professional proofreader since 2008
- 17 years of experience tutoring in the humanities
Linguistics and English Language Consultant
I’m a linguistics and English language consultant who has been supporting students, businesses, and lifelong learners since 2014. I provide teaching, support, and consultation in all areas of linguistics and the English language.
I supported deaf hard-of-hearing students at George Brown, Seneca, Humber and Centennial Colleges, transcribing lectures and class discussions in a wide range of subjects.
I taught students of all ages and levels in English grammar, vocabulary, and literature.
I proofread and rewrote English documents for Japanese corporate clients, delivering consistent and correct business English and improving overall flow and style.
I taught all aspects of spoken and written English to Japanese and international students ages 2 to 80 at several Tokyo schools.
I assisted psychologist Dr. Justin Thomas in writing and revising his autobiography and the story of the Label Liberation "I am a person first" project.
Teaching Assistant, Department of Linguistics, University of Toronto
I taught tutorial sections, assisted students, and graded exams for linguistics courses.
English Teacher, Volunteers for Thailand
I participated in and later directed English camps for all ages at several rural schools in the Isan region of Thailand, and taught English at Srisawatwittayakarn High School in Nan, Thailand.
Experimental Language Developer, Gen-X Sports, Toronto
I worked with a team of linguists in the Experimental Products Division to develop a “secret language for teenagers” using colours and shapes.
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, general knowledge lessons for all!
Taking philosophy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$400|