Improve Your English
Are you looking for an English as a Second Language (ESL/EFL) tutor for yourself or for your child? Do you need to do any of the following?
* Improve your English skills (speaking, writing, reading, listening, grammar or pronunciation)
* Improve your Business English (writing emails, communicating with colleagues and clients)
* Work on your resume or prepare for a job interview
* Learn how to make "small talk"
I can help you reach your goals in a short time. My classes are tailored to meet your individual needs. My qualifications include:
* 3 years of coursework in the PhD in English & Creative Nonfiction
* Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing
* Bachelor of Arts in English, summa cum laude
* Over 20 years’ experience teaching and tutoring in public and private schools
* Instructor of Information Literacy & Technical Writing
* Native English speaker with a passion for teaching English!
I strongly recommend that you commit to at least two lessons per week. I believe this is the minimum required for you to make notable progress in your English.
I have been giving lessons for over a decade and have taught at numerous community colleges and universities in San Diego and the Austin area. Many of my students have returned to thank me for helping them become better writers and in helping them prepare for passing the TOEFL and other exams such as the GRE. I am currently an Assistant Professor of English at Temple College.
- B.A. in English, summa cum laude
- MFA in Creative Writing
- Coursework in the PhD in English & Creative Nonfiction
- Nearly 20 years as an in-person professor, instructor, teacher
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|