I am a licensed educator in the state of Michigan. I have taught in many different settings for 14 years. I have a Master's degree in History. I teach in a classroom, as well as online EVERYDAY, and I teach every grade level from Middle School up to Undergraduate courses in college. I am here to get my students where THEY need to go. Please think of me as a resource to use, a friend in need, and someone who can help them understand and master content.
I have taught many student in many different situations: urban, suburban, inner-city, and small town. I believe in diversity, inclusion, and differentiation. I help students earn diplomas, as well as various degrees and professional licenses and certificates as well. Feel free to ask me anything.
Christopher M. Swanson
22484 Benjamin, St Clair Shores MI 48081 | (concealed information) | (concealed information)
Educator/Instructional Coach/Department Head/History Professor
BACHELOR’S DEGREE | 2002 | UNIVERSITY OF DETROIT MERCY
· Major: Secondary Education
· Minor: Social Studies/History
MASTER’S DEGREE | 2007 | WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY
· Major: History
Skills & Abilities
· Recently completed internship coursework for Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership (Winter 2014 at WSU)
· I have been Academic Department Head, Grade Level class Advisor, Summer School Director, as well as multiple head coaching positions in HS athletics.
· I have taught Social Studies from grade six through high school, as well as undergraduate courses in History, Humanities, Political Science, and Geography at 3 different colleges in the Metro Detroit Area since 2003.
· Have held Michigan Teacher Certification since 2002. Professional Certificate since 2010.
· Was rated Effective in the most recent school year evaluation and am in line for Tenure in the Educational Achievement Authority of Michigan, at Denby High School.
· Can teach online using numerous entities such as BUZZ-Agilix, Compass, Odyssey, Blackboard, ANGEL, and am very familiar with GOOGLE Docs and Microsoft office.
· Organize data and disseminate academic growth within a leadership position on staff.
SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER | DENBY HS-DETROIT | AUG. 2012-PRESENT
· I have taught 9th Grade US History, 10th grade Civics and Economics, held a class advisor position, helped create a Social Studies curriculum for the district which was approved by the EAA in July, 2014.
ETS-CAASP Test Scorer/Rater | MAR. 2015-PRESENT
· Was hired in March to score California placement tests in ELA and History. Contract runs through the year and is online.
HUMANITIES INSTRUCTOR | BAKER COLLEGE-ALLEN PARK | DEC., 2009-PRESENT
· Hired in February, 2010. I have taught a World History course and a Geography course at the Allen Park Campus.
SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER | COMMUNITY HS-DETROIT | AUG. 2010-2012
I taught 9th Grade US History, 10th grade Civics/Econ,
HISTORY INSTRUCTOR | UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX | NOV., 2008-PRESENT
I have taught History, Political Science, and General Ed courses for undergraduate students, grounded and online. Through my time here, I have learned to create curriculum, and devise and craft courses,
SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER | COLIN POWELL ACADEMY | 2003-2010
I have taught 6th, 7th, and 8th Grade Social Studies (US, World History and Geography), was Department Head for Social Studies, Summer School Director, and even worked as Assistant to the Superintendent (2010).
HISTORY INSTRUCTOR | MACOMB COMMUNITY COLLEGE | 2010-PRESENT
I have taught three different History courses for undergraduate students at the Center Campus. Also trained to teach online, as well as grounded classes.
HISTORY INSTRUCTOR | WAYNE COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE | 2015-PRESENT
I have taught a World History course for undergraduate students and first-year transfers at the Outer Drive Campus
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, general knowledge lessons for all!
Taking civic education lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$50|