My teaching model is to work with students and make them the best writer, while still maintaining their individual style. I focus on content first, as I believe that a good essay starts with a good idea. An essay with perfect grammar but no central idea won't impress your reader. I make sure my students understand what makes an essay compelling and easy to read and help them so they can replicate this essay style in the future. Once this is done, we then work on grammar and word choice.
I am a master's student who has taught essay writing for 4 years, both individually and in the classroom. I worked as a writing consultant for two years, where I met with individual undergraduate and graduate students to help them with essays, reports, and theses. I spent this past year teaching EFL and living abroad, and taught a course on TOEFL and essay writing. I created a seminar on application essays, which I then taught to teachers and professors. I also gave one-on-one lessons on application essays and had students accepted to many high-level universities in the US and abroad.
Fulbright English Teaching Assistant, August 2019- March 2020
• Taught English language courses at the American Space in Khujand, Tajikistan
• Operated a weekly Girl’s Club with a focus on empowering local girls
• Worked with Access Microscholarship classes, a U.S. State Department English Language
program for disadvantaged students
Greenberg Traurig LLP Legal Assistant June 2018- June 2019
• Supported two shareholders and two associates
• Duties included maintaining schedules, arranging travel, client communication, handling
client invoices, and document filing
Digital Scholarship Lab Research Intern Sept 2017- May 2018
• Worked on the “Renewing Inequality: Family Displacements through Urban Renewal,
1950-1966” and “Mapping Inequality: Redlining in New Deal America” projects
• Extensive use of GIS programs and Microsoft Excel
University of Richmond Writing Consultant Jan 2016 - May 2018
• Assisted undergraduate and graduate-level students with essays, portfolios, and projects
• Focused on theme, thesis, and organization, with secondary work on grammar and sentence structure
• Was a primary tutor for the Division 1 Football, Men’s Basketball, and Women’s Basketball teams from 2017-2018
University of Richmond, Graduated May 2018, 3.4 Cumulative GPA
Bachelor of Arts, double major in Arabic and International Studies
• Dean’s List Fall of 2017 and Spring of 2018
• Recipient of the Lettie Pate Whitehead Scholarship
• Member of the varsity Swim and Dive team that won the Atlantic 10 Championship in
2015, ‘16 and ‘17
Technical: Proficient in Microsoft Office and GIS programs
Languages: Upper intermediate in Spanish and Arabic languages, intermediate in Russian
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest writing comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing expression - english lessons for all!
Taking TOEFL lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$18||$18|