I base each topic on the student. Everyone approaches material differently, and I want to cater each topic to the individual students. Whether you are a sixth grader struggling with math, or a senior in high school trying to understand physics, I will help you find the best way for you to learn based on my intensive pedagogy course and research at UCLA.
I am a future medical student and former student at UCLA. I have been a volunteer teaching assistant with UCLA's Introductory Molecular Biology class, taught fitness and nutrition to large classes, and have privately tutored for classes and standardized exams.
University of California, Los Angeles | Major: Psychobiology B.S. Sept. 2014-June 2018
- Major GPA: 3.8
Sussex University, Brighton, England | UCEAP Intensive Summer Physics Program Summer 2016
Neurofeedback Technician | Peak Brain Institute | Culver City, Los Angeles Jan. 2017-June 2018
• Worked as a liaison between client and clinician to explain all procedures with support from academic research and handling all scheduling, payment and technical questions.
• Created a comprehensive analysis of over three hundred people based on data from surveys of subjective responses, behavioral test results, traumatic brain injury analysis, and quantitative EEG’s (measurement of average neurological wave patterns using digital technology).
• Analyzed technical data and consulted database to create biofeedback therapies that assist in alleviating symptoms of anxiety, ADHD, PTSD, and insomnia.
• Coordinated pilot clinical studies that utilized the physiological data as support for private research and marketing initiatives.
Research Assistant/Lab Coordinator | Emotion and Culture Lab, Department of Psychology | UCLA Aug. 2015- June 2018
Supervisors: Michael Sun, M.A.; Dr. Michelle Craske, Ph.D.
• Coordinated experiment times, research assistant trainings, and data consolidation for two longitudinal studies.
• Served as a Social Media Coordinator to discuss latest findings with other experts in the field, represent the researcher on social networking sites, built rapport and a following from experts in the field, and present findings at weekly meetings.
• Under supervision of Dr. Michelle Craske, a member of the DSM-V Anxiety Disorders Work Group, suggested modifications of current psychotherapy models as a presenter at international conferences.
• Assisted the Los Angeles Department of Mental Health with large-scale data analysis to identify predictors of self harm and suicidal urges.
• Conducted physiological experiments using GSR, EKG, EMG, and EEG sensors to determine physical responses in response to various emotion regulation strategies and was trained in SPSS, fMRI, MATLAB, and Virtual Reality research techniques.
Spring Research Writing Intern | Dr. Raj Kanodia | Raj Kanodia Medical Group Jan. 2017 - June 2017
• Summarized journal articles and compiled weekly literature reviews in preparation for a collaborative book about nutrition and preventative aging.
• Translated medical terminology into common vernacular for patient understanding.
Student Assistant | Institute of Environment and Sustainability | UCLA Oct. 2014- Oct. 2017
• Assisted with the organization of confidential financial records, employee information and other basic bookkeeping.
• Provided office support including updating or creating excel spreadsheets, making copies, and simple data entry.
Global Health Consultant Intern/Medical Assistant, Sustainable Health Empowerment Dec. 2015- present
• Helped survey hospitals in rural Cambodia for future surgical missions and organize information for our philanthropist partners about products needed, training required, and the logistics behind deliveries to Cambodia.
• Taught First aid and CPR in English and Khmer to over 3,000 citizens of Cambodia, primarily in rural areas.
• Implemented a charting system, allowing government funding for Phnom Penh Hospital’s HIV patient care system.
• Helped American and Cambodian physicians triage patients previously unexposed to health care and provided support in medical procedures such as dental extracts, prosthetic implementation, etc.
• Coordinated with future service missions and assisted in fundraising over $50,000 through marketing initiatives including publication of a fundraising book, gala fundraisers, and coordination with other non-profit groups.
Learning Assistant, Introductory Microbiology | UCLA Sept. 2017- Jan. 2018
• Helped develop learning as a collaborative experience among classmates during lectures and while leading discussion sections.
• Attended a weekly Pedagogy Seminar to learn about teaching methodology, diversity, and current research models of learning.
• Led review sessions, office hours, and monitored online discussion boards.
Public Relations Director, FCN-CAMPMED Nov. 2016-June 2018
• Served as a board member to help with counselor recruitment and interviews, fundraising for FCN (a 501c-3 nonprofit), and lead the online presence by updating about camp deadlines and communicating with parents, donors, and campers.
• Designed and managed order of camp apparel, served as camp photographer, and lead virtual reality presentations.
• Worked as a counselor to lead 100 underserved youth through presentations and workshops to inspire higher education in healthcare.
Founder and Co-President, Marathon Club at UCLA ` Sept. 2015-June 2018
• Coordinated training program and help coach over fifty beginner marathon runners on a daily basis with planned practices and text updates.
• Organized and lead training sessions, events, fundraising, and races such as the Los Angeles Marathon.
FitNut Intern/Mentor, SCOPE at UCLA Sept. 2015- June 2018
• Developed and taught a curriculum for students in underserved elementary schools about fitness and nutrition.
Volunteer/Workshop leader, UCLA MESH, partnered with Maryvale Residential Facilities March 2015- June 2018
• Developed and presented health and lifestyle workshops for large groups of students as a mentor for Class XII foster youth as they age out of legal care.
• Founding member of the Foster Youth Awareness Initiative, integrating outreach for foster youth with social media through a Facebook page.
• Microsoft Office, Mail Chimp, and Adobe Photoshop
• Content management with Wordpress, twitter, Instagram, Facebook
• Experience with EPIC/Care Everywhere charting systems
• Human Research- Social and Behavior Researchers & Staff and HIPAA Certified
• Data analysis/visualization programs (SPSS)
• Public speaking and customer service
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, organic chemistry lessons for all!
Taking natural sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||Not available|