I base my teaching on the skill level of the individual. I have worked in my local community providing tech help, so I am used to working with people of varying skill levels and technical understanding. I work best with middle school to high school and early college students who have a goal or project in mind, that I can help them work towards in a step by step process. I believe having a goal to build towards is really important for learning, as it allows us to build a foundation of understanding and a plan to achieve our goal.
I just recently graduated from Santa Clara University with my Bachelors in Computer Science & Engineering. I have completed many school and personal projects in Python, C, C++, and Java. I first started programming as a sophomore in high school and worked as a CS tutor during my senior year. I also have worked with a few kids outside of school teaching the basics of computer programming.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science & Engineering
September 2016 – June 2020
Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA – 3.4 GPA
Related Coursework: Abstract Data Structures, Advanced Data Structures, Theory of Algorithms, Programming Languages, Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Web Information Management, Operating Systems, Embedded Systems, Computer Architecture, Computer Networks, Logic Design
Software Engineering Intern – Festo Corporation July 2019 – June 2020
• Redesigned and built a Python GUI app to test and calibrate a high accuracy pressure controller
• Optimized the workflow for testing and calibration of the product as measured by ease of use and reduction in testing time from hours to minutes by streamlining and parallelizing the code
• Created sub-modules that could run certain tests autonomously
• Further developed skills in working with people and communicating effectively within a team
IT Specialist – Personal Tech Help Business June 2017 – January 2020
• Provided onsite IT help to local clients by migrating old photos & data, updating and debugging software, troubleshooting hardware, and ensuring a better overall user experience
• Helped clients further understand their devices by answering questions in an understandable way
• Taught kids the basics of programming by helping them build a game in Python
• Formed good relationships with customers by being friendly, informative, and knowledgeable
Basil Bot (SCU Senior Design Project) – Python
• Implemented computer vision program (using OpenCV) to detect basil leaves in an image as measured accuracy of detection by finding the approximate center of each leaf
• Developed an API to find a leaf’s center from an image and convert the coordinates to real world points with the goal of autonomously picking and placing leaves on a production line
• Created the robot with a multidisciplinary team of Software and Mechanical Engineers
Peer to Peer File Sync App – C
• Built a peer to peer file syncing command line application that synced specific files between a list of peers by using a TCP connection and socket programming concepts in C
• Worked with a team to design, diagram, and implement the project from the ground up
• Improved team communication and debugging skills after many late nights spent on fixing bugs
Autocomplete Text Editor – Python
• Building a basic text editor with autocomplete suggestions
• Using Google n-gram’s top 10,000 common words to offer word suggestions as the user types
Eigenvector Graphing Project – Python
• Designed a GUI based python program to visualize a Predator/Prey relationship that dynamically constructed a graph by using eigenvectors and given eigenvalues.
basic computer lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest C lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, computer programming lessons for all!
Taking C++ lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|