My goal is to create a space where students feel encouraged to express their ideas and have a new sense of self upon leaving my class. I want my students to be able to use their technical and conceptual skills to illustrate their answers to many of life's open-ended questions.
No one person sees the world exactly the same way. No one person can harness basic photography skills and present them in the same fashion. Photography is as transformative as people. I expect to have students from various backgrounds and walks of life. I am sensitive to the prominence of representing all of them both individually and as a community. Through careful explanation and examples, I will provide my students with all the necessary tools needed to advance in their artistic careers as well as give them individualized attention.
While the purpose of my class is to educate, I will challenge my students with intellectual discussion regarding the course material, their projects, and their individual philosophies. Through this method, my students will come to understand the endless possibilities that learning photography ensues; for I have personally discovered my love for installation work and filmmaking through photography. My overall goal is to expand their perspective while also catering to their specific interests.
With the use of critique sessions, the class will learn how to analyze, discuss, and elaborate on each other's work. It will allow everyone to view different approaches made to each assignment as well as lend me insight into my student's thought process in reference to the subject matter at hand. This process will encourage my students to build on their reflective judgment and communication skills which are crucial to their growth as a creative. Students will be able to articulate their thoughts verbally and in writing clearly and concisely in order to communicate their intentions to a broader audience.
As I hold myself to high expectations, I also expect others to put their best foot forward when it comes to what they are passionate about. It is important for me to know how much a student is dedicated to the practice itself.
When my students leave my class, I want them to remember a few things about me as both an educator and a supporter:
• They believed in me and pushed me to my highest potential even when I thought I couldn't do better.
• They provided a space where I was comfortable sharing my opinion, but was also challenged by others to formulate deeper thought into my own perspectives.
• They refused to give up on me no matter the circumstance and did everything in their power to help me succeed.
• They trusted me in my ability to take complete agency over my artistic journey.
I believe that teachers should hold high expectations of their students. Such an expectation can aid in students better understanding their own potential. The photography world is constantly changing with the introduction of new technologies and it is my job as an educator to not only be aware of it but also to keep up with it. It is my duty to expand my own knowledge in order to realize the goals of my students. With an ample amount of dedication and hard work, my students will succeed in ways they never saw imaginable.
I am a queer Black & Latinx multidisciplinary artist specializing in photography & film. With a passion to create art that delves into self-exploration, identity, and emotions, I enjoy creating work that helps others become more in tune with themselves. My work has been featured in various magazines and they were awarded for their work by Blick Art Materials. I hold my BFA in Photography and Digital Arts from Moore College of Art & Design. And as of May 2020, I earned their Master’s degree in Directing from the School of Visual Arts in NYC.
I am currently in post-production for an upcoming thriller film while also working as a freelance photographer & retoucher.
MASTER'S IN DIRECTING // FILM
School of Visual Arts
New York, NY, Graduated May 2020
BFA PHOTOGRAPHY & DIGITAL ART
Moore College of Art & Design
Philadelphia, PA, Graduated May 2019
SELF-EMPLOYED • PHILADELPHIA, PA
• Produces commercial & portrait photography for various clients
• Provides editing, retouching, and color correction services
• Licenses out photos to brands and other businesses for use
• Occasionally assists other photographers on their shoots
PHOTO & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
TAHNYC • REMOTE
• Photographed TAHNYC's upcoming Spring 2019 skincare line
• Produced, published and shared all daily social content to build
meaningful connections with the targeted audience
• Managed the layout, alternating color story, & the posting
schedule of their Instagram account
JILL WACHTER PHOTOGRAPHY • NEW YORK, NY
• Assisted Wachter during photoshoots
• Retouched, edited, and organized 200+ photos per week
• Scouted models & locations in the NYC area
• Managed the licensing & contracts of all child models
• Researched and planed all social media posts relying
extensively on Wachter's analytics
SUMMER RESIDENT ASSISTANT
MOORE COLLEGE OF ART & DESIGN • PHILADELPHIA, PA
• Fostered community development of 100+ adolescents
• Acted as a liaison between students & the college administration
• Created educational programs for the students
DIRECTOR & CO-PRODUCER
• Supervised a team of 17 cast / crew members
• Oversaw in every stage of the process from budgeting, scriptwriting,
locations, to the final edit and the production of marketing
ART & COSTUME DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT
• Worked with the production designer in dressing each set
• Managed all wardrobe and props
BEHIND-THE-SCENES / STILLS PHOTOGRAPHER
• Created photographs for the promotion of the film
• Recorded the details of the cast, wardrobes, backgrounds, etc.
DELAWARE COLLEGE OF ART
EDITION 2 // STAND UP, SPEAK OUT
ISSUE 95 // OPEN THEME
BLICK ART MATERIALS
EXCELLENCE IN PHOTOGRAPHY
photography lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest digital photography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, portrait photography lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|